An In Between

stranger

i have been doing some bending lately and got a new pr 1/4x5.5 i was wondering what would be a good in between for the red, any suggestions?

work down to 4.5 1/4 crs

Then

some 60d's..

1/4 6" grade 5

1/4 5" grade5

1/4 6" grade 8

5/16 grade 2 7"

1/4 7" square crs

5/16 7" HRS

Wow really, 4.5 1/4 CRS must be tough. Is that really easier than a grade 5?

yes, i bent a 4.5 bluenail before i bend a grade 5 bolt, and the grade 5 was harder.

By the way, the grade 8's and 6" grade 5's are going to be harder then the 5/16 7" g2, its kid of just to get used to the length, if you can do a 6" g5 you could do the 5/16 grade 2.

Edited by Oldtime

Just to save some money I tape 2, 60d Galvanized together and try like hell. It is much harder than the blue nail, yet much easyer than the red monster. I can smoke the blue nail, but can only kink the 2 Galvanized taped together, and the red has yet to move. :whacked . But in time I will prevail.

I would think two 60Ds would be WAY harder than a Red nail. Not knocking your methods but are you sure they are 60Ds?

I would think two 60Ds would be WAY harder than a Red nail. Not knocking your methods but are you sure they are 60Ds?

i would agree. 2 60Ds have to be harder than a Red Nail.

They are spiral galvanized nails bought at Lows hardware stores. The box says that they are 60d's. I will bring some of them to the Iron grip challenge in a week and let supermagnamon check them out. I will also bring some to the GG2 at Steve B's house Dec 10. I can kink the 2 nails taped together but I can't even kink the red at all, so you guys are more than likely right.

They are spiral galvanized nails bought at Lows hardware stores. The box says that they are 60d's. I will bring some of them to the Iron grip challenge in a week and let supermagnamon check them out. I will also bring some to the GG2 at Steve B's house Dec 10. I can kink the 2 nails taped together but I can't even kink the red at all, so you guys are more than likely right.

cool. i need some bending action at the meet. probably, handgripperman can give you a better idea on how hard they are since, he's a huge bastard. ;)

work down to 4.5 1/4 crs

Then

some 60d's..

1/4 6" grade 5

1/4 5" grade5

1/4 6" grade 8

5/16 grade 2 7"

1/4 7" square crs

5/16 7" HRS

i don't think that 5/16 HRS are the toughest in that list.

i could bend 5/16 HRS before i could bend 6" G5.

haven't tried my 6" G8 yet.

The nails in question happen to be 60d galvanized timber ties. Very tuff to bend but much easier than a red nail.

A big variance forme, I found 5/16 to much harder than a G5.

I too find G2 5/16x6" bolts between a G5 and G8. About like a 5' g5,

Uhm...........

I can bent a hard 60d in under a second, and a red in around 10.60d is no where near rednail

EDIT: oh you said TWO.

ok,

yes twqo 60ds is much harder then a red, unless you have those pansy twisty ties.

Edited by Oldtime

Left side, get some 5.5 inch grade 8 x1/4 bolts most of these are similar to a RED. When you can get these consistently the red will fall, although you may have to throw in some 7in stuff to get a feel for the longer stuff prior to red attempt...I say most cause I recently got a batch of tough ones that are closer to a 6.5 FBBC.......Nasty tough...........Brett

5.5" eh? That's not that far off, but I really suck at short bars.

The 5/16 HRS at 7" goes down easy, I am more comfortable with longer bars like this.

It really depends on what your good at and what your not so good at.

Most likle a 5.5 will take the same force to crush as a red though, but if your not good at short bars then a 6" would be around the same.

When porky attempted his first 6" grade 8, he failed at 90 degrees or so, but he got a red to 68.