1/4" Stainless Steel.

CrakeN

Me and my friend bought 65 rods of stainless steel 1/4".

and we cut some down to 7" and 6"..

and i must say they are harder than yellows and blues..

anyone else who has bent similiar?

They kind of "spring-back" on the crushdown, which makes it

a bit harder.

anyone who kows were to put these on the "strength-ladder"

Yes, I am very familiar with these, and have been bending them steadily for about three months now. Usually three to five bars of varying lengths during a bending session.

I know someone that runs Alpha Marine Inc. A shipping supply company based in Red Hook, Brooklyn. They gave me a few ten to fourteen feet long bars of quarter inch stainless steel.

I cut them at different lengths between seven and five inches , and the 5inch ones have been incredibly hard.

Bending stainless steel is a lot harder than Bending Cold rolled steel and I would equate these as close to the hardness of a Grade 5 bolt. Especially since they have the same or more spring back when it comes to the crushdown point, I usually get these within the 2inch limit but after that they will simply not go any further.

Actually I have been focusing on these the past couple weeks because I want to get through all the peices I have before the end of the year, which should be fine as of now I only have about twenty left.

Stainless steel is a great way to bend harder peices of 1/4" steel while climbing the ladder to 5/16".

Okey.. i agree with almost everything you wrote, they spring back very much! but i cannot agree with the Grade 5.. wich length on stainless would you compare with the G5? 6" pieces is easier than a G5..

i did 9x 6" pieces of 1/4" stainless steel in a row on a "bad day"

but i can only kink a G5 on a "good day"

but maybe thats just me.

I can see where you are coming from and I agree that they are not exactly the same.

But for me, when I bend a G5 directly after a 6" peice of the 1/4" stainless steel that I have, it feels very similar.

Granted, although I havent tried this because I havent had an abundance of G5's, I probably could only bend five or six g5's before I am completely worn out as opposed to being able to bend eight or nine peices of stainless steel of the same length or smaller.

So basically , for comparison to Stainless Steel , Grade 5 Bolts are the first that come to mind.

1/4" CRS is much easier.

Check my gallery to see my bent IM and FBBC nails compared to the Stainless Steel peices I bent.

What bending style do you use?

I am sure after a few more high volume stainless steel bending sessions you will be able to bend the g5.

I am a DO bender.

i am planing to do some volume work this weekend, try to get 30-40

or something. I can bend a 5/16x7" HRS, did it easy a while ago, now they are hard.. but i can do them with some motivation and grunting.

I did a G2 very easy.. but that day i didn't even kink the G5.

But i agree on the CRS - Stainless comaprison. Stainless are harder.