Champ Of The Champ Contest

Florian Kellersmann

Congratulation to David for winning the competition and to Nick and Steve for their top placings. As I stated on the Aussiestrength website, I thought Nick was the most underrated of the competitors based on that poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• gazza

• Mikael Siversson

• David Horne

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Steve did some amazing things whilst lifts were being set up such as one handed card tear,Rolling a frying pan up,bending  a horseshoe amongst toher things

Hmm, does not sound like the best way to conserve your strength for the events.

Congrats, you guys. Awesome jobs with the new records on the pinch, David, and the v-bar, Jim. Nice placing Nick, and Steve.

Can't wait for next year.

I echo Rich and Smitty. Oh to have Robbie back in another showdown with the Big Show Shane Larson, Dave Thornton, David Horne, Wylie, Big Steve, Clay. Uneblievable.

Great job everyone.

-Jedd-

Cogratulations to everyone sonds like it was a great day some big numbers Way to go!

Thank you guys!

My most pleasing win over my 20 years of competing, had to dig deep inside!

As Nick echoed last night this was just one of those great Physical Culture weekends.

It's about 7am now, and I've just got up, I think we left the drinking at the hotel 5 hours ago. Hell, I don't even drink but had a few last night and boy did they taste good.

Anyway, Elizabeth is still asleep, and it's her computer that the excel spreadsheet is on, so I'll post all the full results and records later.

1st Me 569 pts

2nd Nick McKinless 557 pts

lifted amazingly, and just never gives up. He is the 'pit bull terrier' of the grip world.

3rd Big Steve McGranahan 537 pts

is a great guy and very strong, and more importantly came over and put it on the line. His feats of strength are out of this world and believe me impressed me.

4th Steve Gardener 513 pts

was at his best ever, really! Just check the results when they come.

5th Frank Henritzi 472 pts

Great strength and determination shown. Very nice person.

6th Jim Wylie 466 pts

With out the injury he would have been in the top 4.

7th Marc Wylie 453 pts

Pr's and great wrapping on the lever event..ouch!

8th Richard Scott 419 pts

Pr's and the best I've seen him lift on the platform.

9th Andrew Christie 416 pts

For someone so light he does wonders. Bet he's tired now as he drove home a few hundred miles after the comp.

10th Dave Johnson 392 pts

Very pleased with performance despite bleeding from the start.

Very quickly highlights/records.

Two Hands Pinch new WR 107.2k. I nearly got 109.5k.

I actually held the World record on the v bar for about 4 mins getting 164.3k, before Jim took it rightfully back with about 174k (exact numbers to follow).

Steve Gardener closing an elite rated at 3.54, onto the very thin weighted (1 1/4k) shoelace and held that for 10 secs!

Everything will follow later.

One last thing is a massive thanks to my lovely pregnant (and very tired now)girlfriend Elizabeth Talbot (scorekeeper/referee) and Magnus Langton (m.c.) who never stopped working all day. Also all the generous sponsors. And to the very tired/sore loaders Oliver (my son) and Michael.

Without all the competitors and helpers the contest could not happen.

See you all in 4 years,

David

Wow, what an exciting competition! I can't wait to see all the juicy details. Congrats to all!

David you echoed my thoughts of exactly what I was going to post this morning ,Oliver and Mike did a great job (and hard Job) of loading and the MC kept us well informed,

I was very impressed with everyones strength and they were all competing right to the end.

Congratulations, David! Awesome, that you did all these great lifts with your injury. Congrats to the other guys too, of course. Awesome to see Nick before Big Steve and Mobster, who are very very strong too. Also congrats to my buddy Franky for his good placing and his PRs. As expected, Jim was the best on the v-bar :bow

:D video clip of Davids world record lift in Gallery,sorry about the quality,size etc,best i could do!

Absolutely amazing day , where did all the time go!

So much weight lifted by so many and such strong and solid performances. Everyone was putting so much effort in it was inspiring to watch. :mosher

Top that off with the WR records, WR attempts and Big Steve doing displays in the intervals between events :blink:bow

Such a great event, well organised and delivered with star performances by all! One other thing to note was the number of spectators for this sport, hopefully this will have inspired more interest.

I look forward to reading through the results later as the spectacle was awe inspiring.

Well done to all!

:D video clip of Davids world record lift in Gallery,sorry about the quality,size etc,best i could do!

Very nice and clean looking lift. As I have said on several occasions in past; David has the strongest pinch in the world.

Safely back!!!

What a 3 days blast in england.

Theres so much to remember, can't write it down all.

First of all big kudos to David who won the comp suffering indredible pain during the vbar and especially in the levering event. My girl was asking me more than once why in hell he is doing that to himself. :D

As expected he got the new WR in the pinch and failed (twice) only by a few cms on 109+ kg.

Next to mention is Nick who could hold the comp open til the last event but David did exceptional good in the grippers event lefty so Nick had no chance then. Very well done Nick, next time we'll know what to expect from you. We had a big time at the after comp party(s).

3rd Big Steve. What a nice guy. Entertained all the spectators (and competitors) between the events with card tearing (2-handed and 1-handed using his teeth), bending nails and pennies in his mouse, bending 3/8" bars using reverse style and so on and so on. At the after comp party he showed his tremendous bending strength and blew away some big wrenches.

Steve 'Mobster' Gardener got 4th and had an excellent contest. That was very clear after 3 events when he was ranked at 3rd position. He displayed his crushing strength not only during the contest (10 secs SH with a hard Elite) but also after the comp when he only barely missed Jims #4 twice and closed my MM3 replica.

Besides this he put a decent kink in a Red (30-45°) using the revers style at head level.

Jim got 6th and I really had trouble to hold him behind me. Remember, not long ago he broke his wrist and still has big trouble doing grippers with his left. He blamed everyone else in the lever event when he levered 8.5kg in his last attempt like nothing. Just for fun he tried 9 and 9.5kg and got both easily too. :help

Big surprise for me was Jims brother Marc, doing lifts like 140 and 150kg in the vbar bringing him temporarily in 5th position. If he starts to (seriously) train he could challenge his brother IMHO.

Following Richard, Andy and Dave who did a hell of a job especially in the vbar (dang what am I a whimp there) and were super nice to meet.

With Gary (gazza) and Mike I had a hell of a time before and after the contest. Gary impressed me with his abnormal crushing strength in bar bending. He got down a 45° prekinked Red with alarming ease and crushed all my bars I bent a bit further (G8s, G9s ... ), thanks man. :blush

Mike entertained all of us with his tenacity when attempting to bend a bar. We sit there nipping our beers and watched him sweating, cool. :D

Many thanks to David and Liz for a great contest. Oliver and Mike did a great job with the loading/unloading and the spotting in the lever event.

Franky

Glad you and your lovely and very supportive wife got home safely and a great write up.

And to Gazza and Mike. Mike for being an all round nice guy and Gazza for his never ending genorosity which many of us experienced.

Can anyone help Im trying to upload some photo's in my gallery.

I have managed to upload 2 but they are only small in the preview pane compared to other photo's in the gallery and also how can I ensure they stay good quality.I edit them in Paint

They are from yesterdays champ of Champs comp

Lifts listed in order of weight / placings in event

TWO HANDS PINCH LIFT

David Horne 107.2 WR

Nick McKinless 101.8

Steve McGranahan 95.1

Frank Henritzi 87.4

Steve Gardener 84.5

Jim Wylie 75.4

Marc Wylie 75.4

Richard Scott 72.2

Dave Johnson 70.4

Andrew Christie 70.4

VERTICAL BAR LEFT HAND

Nick McKinless 151.8

Marc Wylie 151.8

David Horne 141.9

Steve Gardener 138.6 - so 3rd

Richard Scott 138.6

Andrew Christie 133.3

Jim Wylie 130

Steve McGranahan 130

Frank Henritzi 128.4

Dave Johnson 117.2

VERTICAL BAR RIGHT HAND

Jim Wylie 172.9 WR (2)

David Horne 164.3 WR (1)

Nick McKinless 162.9

Steve Gardener 162.9

Marc Wylie 141.9

Steve McGranahan 133.3

Andrew Christie 133.3

Dave Johnson 130

Frank Henritzi 130

Richard Scott 123.1

ONE HAND THUMBLESS DEADLIFT LEFT HAND

Steve Gardener 110.8

Steve McGranahan 100.3

Nick McKinless 105.6

David Horne 105.6

Marc Wylie 89.7

Frank Henritzi 84.5

Jim Wylie 80.4

Andrew Christie 80.4

Richard Scott 80.4

Dave Johnson 75.2

ONE HAND THUMBLESS DEADLIFT RIGHT HAND

Steve Gardener 116.2

David Horne 116.2

Steve McGranahan 107.9

Nick McKinless 105.6

Jim Wylie 105.6

Frank Henritzi 89.7

Marc Wylie 89.7

Andrew Christie 84.5

Dave Johnson 75.2

Richard Scott 75.2

HAMMER LEFT HAND

David Horne 9

Steve McGranahan 8.25

Nick McKinless 7.5

Frank Henritzi 6.75

Marc Wylie 6

Andrew Christie 6

Steve Gardener 5.5

Richard Scott 5.5

Jim Wylie 5

Dave Johnson 5

HAMMER RIGHT HAND

Nick McKinless 9

David Horne 9

Jim Wylie 8.5

Steve McGranahan 8.5

Steve Gardener 7.5

Frank Henritzi 7.5

Marc Wylie 6.5

Richard Scott 6.5

Andrew Christie 5.5

Dave Johnson 5

GRIPPER HOLD LEFT HAND (weighted strap with 1.25kg)

Steve McGranahan 3.09

Nick McKinless 2.72

David Horne 2.72

Frank Henritzi 2.25

Steve Gardener 2.25

Richard Scott 2.25

Dave Johnson 2.04

Andrew Christie 2.04

Jim Wylie 1.73

Marc Wylie 1.73

GRIPPER HOLD RIGHT HAND (weighted strap with 1.25kg)

Steve Gardener 3.54

Nick McKinless 3.29

Steve McGranahan 3.29

Jim Wylie 2.96

Marc Wylie 2.96

Frank Henritzi 2.96

David Horne 2.96

Dave Johnson 2.25

Andrew Christie 2.25

Richard Scott 2.25

FINAL POINTS SCORES

David Horne 569.87