Bent The Blue!

TennisDude

Well, I was supposed to be resting up, but of course, as an admitted gripaholic, I have a hard time doing that.

Here is how my wondrous week of PRs went:

Tuesday 11/8/05:

Bent a yellow for the first time, bent another yellow.

Wobbled a blue.

Yesterday 11/10/05:

Bent a 6.5" yellow

Today 11/11/05:

Bent another yellow.

BENT THE BLUE!

I think it was because I was so amped that I was able to bend the blue so quickly. I'll have to practice some more and get it on video, as my digital camera can take 30 second clips.

Thanks to everyone here in the Bending section, everyone at Gripboard, and Grippermania, for helping me to achieve something that I am proud of. My goal was to bend the Blue by March 24th, 2006, and I certainly surpassed that mark.

*Music starts playing to signify I should wrap this up*

Onwards and upwards!

Thanks,

TennisDude

EDIT: I had to appease my mind by knowing that the bend wasn't a fluke, so I did another one. Bent it, slightly off center so the crush down was a bit more challenging.

I have to work on my crush downs.

Edited by TennisDude

That's what it's all about! Congratulations!!!

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...&cmd=si&img=490

See the last one there? Gaster gave me some of those. Really didn't think I could bend it, but I went for it today, and got it without too much effort. Under 30 seconds in total, but the crush down is what took the most part.

How hard does that nail rate in comparison to the blue as it felt harder?

Good job! I think the blue is a bit tougher, but those nails do vary a bit. The leather I gave you was pretty beat up though so you'll feel the nail point a lot. That might make nails more difficult to deal with, especially at first.

Nice job! Take a look at that 60D, notice the arched loop at the top, this indicates the steel is soft so I would guess a blue would be a little tougher than that nail. Great job!

Nice job!  Take a look at that 60D, notice the arched loop at the top, this indicates the steel is soft so I would guess a blue would be a little tougher than that nail.  Great job!

Hey! Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Good to know. The crushdown was definitely easier since it was thicker and longer than the 5.5" Blue I was attempting prior.

Thanks,

TennisDude

I can't seem to take any days off from bending.

Today I bent three blues, three yellows, two whites taped together, a 3.5" green, and some random greens and timber ties I saw laying around.

A piece of skin has opened in the palm of my hand. Bending rules.

A piece of skin has opened in the palm of my hand. Bending rules.

You may want to take a few days off and let your hand mend. But if the bending bug bites just grind some chalk into the new skin and bend away. Your caluse's will grow back in no time flat.

My bending progression went much like yours. First the yellow and then with in a few days the blue nail was mine also. Keep up the good work.

Edited by FatBoy