Congrats Younggun

Bill Piche

I have all of my information turned in to Ironmind and should be in the June edition of Milo.

I am 15 years old and have been training with the grippers since Sep-Oct of 2000.  I got my first #3 close at the end of Oct. 2001, but didn't get consistent until later in December.  My routine was basically strapholds or negatives once or twice a week.  My only roadblock was football, which gives your hands a pounding. :D

Nice work Jesse!!  Keep it up.  Very deceptive avatar you chose, it's hard to imagine Calvin closing a #3.

Just out of curiousity, how do you do with the grippers left handed?

You might be the youngest COC....I don't think anyone else is younger to be certified.

Who was your witness?

Terminator:

My left hand is weaker.  I can only get the #3 down to about 3/8-1/4.

Younguy was 14, but I don't know if he got certified or not.

My witness was Dr. Vest at Washburn Rural university in Topeka, KS.

I am sure if Youngguy got certified we would have heard about it....several times in fact! ;)

Just bumping it because it is a big deal. :)  Especially given his age.

Wanna, no need to explain, this is an awesome feat!  

Jesse, just keep working on the left, it will come around.  You should be real proud of yourself.  We can only imagine what you are capable of if you're this far along at 15.  Stay humble, train hard, and keep shocking the world.

Pat

AWESOME!!!!  Congrats!

Good job Jesse ! I better kick my ass if I want to be in the first 100 certified COC. Looking at the number of 2001 certifications in the 2001 Ironmind catalog, I have a feeling that the certified COC will fall like rain in the next few years.

Thanks guys! :D  

AP

In Emporia, KS.

Tou

I got a new #3 last October and if the rest of the new ones are anything like mine I don't think there will be as many.  It is a beast!!

I won't have any problem staying humble, right now I'm only decent at crushing.  My pinching and wrist strength are not at the same level.  That's what I'm concentrating on now. :)

Good job Jesse ! I better kick my ass if I want to be in the first 100 certified COC. Looking at the number of 2001 certifications in the 2001 Ironmind catalog, I have a feeling that the certified COC will fall like rain in the next few years.

I think it will drop off or stay flat in the next year in comparision to 2001. Why? Because I think the current 3's coming out of Ironmind are harder.  Either that or it will stay constant rather than grow.  The flatness of the trend created by more people getting into it and also the grippers being harder (offsetting each other).  Therefore, the trend might not increase in the next 1-2 years depending on if the current batch is just a "batch" or the spring thickness was increased a bit due to the big number increase of COC's.

Sorry guys, out of respect for IronMind and MILO, I pulled the picture. It's likely to end up in MILO. I wasn't sure when Jesse sent it to me that it might be the one and he didn't find out until today. Sure enough, it might be. So, I pulled it. Jesse said he may have another one of a close up.

On a related note, I actually like seeing both the closeup and the full body shot with a close.  Lately in MILO, they haven't even showed the close (myself included). :)

Sorry Wanna and Jesse,

After thinking about it, you are right. A lot of new #3 buyers say that the new #3 are tougher. Not to mention those double stamped #3. Fortunately for me, I probably have a tough gripper but not an unclosable monster (except for Heath, David and top crushers like them).

Closing the #3 is my main goal and I'll train very hard to close it as soon as possible.

I might just order another 3 (Vintage 2002 of course). Heck, you can never have too many!  I only have 3 3's right now after all. ;)

Here's my current collection:

3 3's

3 2's

2 4's

2 T's

2 1's

3 SOS grippers

1 Elite

1 BBM

Wanna.... since I sent my pics to IronMind, you might see my close-up on the #3 being printed in MILO.  I had some pics made of me, and I chose the best for a publication printed in black and white.  We'll see what comes out!