Time off

Rick Walker

Due to some time issues, I have not been able to train grip since last Thursday.  Fearing I lost some strength, this morning I grabbed the #2 to test.  I managed 7 reps, each hand :D  :D  :D !!  A new PR for me on the #2.

Tonight I resume my grip training...

Rick Walker :hehe

A little break once in a while is the best thing that can happen to your training.

I received 2 grippers this morning : a 309 PDA and a #2. The 309 is very easy, nothing to compare to my 3-alike 325. I closed the 309 for over 12 reps out of the box while I can close my 325 on my best days only.

Now the interesting part, my #2. The handles are A LOT wider than my other COCs. And it is A LOT tougher than my former #2. Sounds like a BBM-range gripper and I'm glad with it. I closed it 2 reps only.

Now, it's time for me to come out of my too-long off-period with heavy grippers. All I did those pas weeks was #1 strap holds. By now, it's #2 strap holds and singles.

#3, you're on my list ... :angry:

My 323 PDA was way easier then my #2-I mashed the PDA for 10 easy reps both hands.  I sent it back and recieved an email today that my new PDA, a 387, is on its way, along with my errector set.

Rick.... you'll love the 387.  Tell us what happens....

Guest RobbyTooSlobby

I am about a hair away from closing my #2.  Do you guys think I should get a 309 or maybe a 325 ?  

Or I guess I should just keep going at the #2 till I can do reps.  

I have never bought a PDA before.

Robby,

do strap holds on the #1. My 309 is a lot easier than a regular #2 (not to mention my #2 BBM) and my 325 is very close as many #3 I've tried. You take a chance if you get a calibrated gripper.

309 vs 325 : only 16 lsb of difference but I can go over 20 reps on the 309 and have a hard time doing a single on 325.

Guest RobbyTooSlobby

Thanks Tou

I think strap holds are key...i am new to doing them but I can really see how they would be benifical not to mention how everyone swears by them.

Guest iron_addict

rick i was thinking of getting an erector set from pda myself.  i was wondering if you could give me some feedback on yours once you get it.  if you have ever used a westside model could you let me know how it compares as far as range of motion, sturdiness,(does it wobble and shake around) etc.  thanks for any help and good luck with the grippers.

best wishes

brian

I will let you know once I get it and try it out.  I have used Louie's model many times.  I know PDAs is solid-it hooks right in your cage so if your cage is solid-the hyper is solid.  Also, I got mine custom made so it was about $300.  That is a small chunck of what Louie's will cost you.  

PDAs model will hold close to 400 pounds.  John said it could be upgraded if need be but mine is more for my ahtletes then me.  I will use it but right now I am trimming up so I will be using 10-20 rep range on it.

I like how the pendulum is directly under the hips.  I can see a benefit in this.  Louie's model has the pendulum inthe middle of the machine.