Captains Of Crush Maintenance?

Zizou

Hi, i got my CoC grippers a week ago and they are starting to turn black, not the part that you take with your hands, i mean the "rings" or "springs" are turning black like they are oxidized is this normal? and how can i make maintenance to these grippers? :help

My hands sweat too much so i suppose thats why this is happening, sry if my english is not good but is not my native languague.

Hi, i got my CoC grippers a week ago and they are starting to turn black, not the part that you take with your hands, i mean the "rings" or "springs" are turning black like they are oxidized is this normal? and how can i make maintenance to these grippers?  :help

My hands sweat too much so i suppose thats why this is happening, sry if my english is not good but is not my native languague.

You should oil the springs of your grippers to keep them from oxidizing. Try WD-40 or 3 in 1 oil. Or any other oil designed to keep rust away.

I just used a little 3-1 oil on mine, cuz they were squeaking, and it worked immediately. I just held them closed (using my grip strength, ah), and squeezed out a few drops, then rubbed it on the inside and outside of the spring, and cleaned the excess off with a paper towel. Good as new.

Im assumeing you got the new coc's w/ the shiny metalic springs.For them to be turning black like in oxidizing suprises me.I too would oil them and clean the spring after workouts if ur hands are sweating too much, I have used "orange glo" in the past to clean mine since it is a degreaser and was pleased w/ it.Just baby them because they look to nice w/ the new springs Ide hate for them to turn black.

I just used the 3-1 oil on them and now they are better :bow thanks joe, and sadly they are not as shiny as new michael :cry but they look less black and well the point is to take care of them to make the grippers last longer :rock

If you want to buff them up again, I would get a product called Autosol. You can get it at automotive places (jcwhitney.com or eastwood.com). That stuff is a golden secret for rust removal, and a pretty good buffer, but I would get some metal polish afterwords to really make em sparkle. You can find that stuff in like Waldbaum's. I'm not sure if Brasso would work, but there is jewelry and silver polish and stuff that they sell that should brighten em a bit.