Where To Get Pvc?

Starkmann

I want to get a couple 20 or so inch pieces of 2" and 3" PVC to make wrist rollers. I went to home depot and they said you have to buy the entire length (like 6 or 8 feet) and take it home with you, then do whatever you want. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I want to get a couple 20 or so inch pieces of 2" and 3" PVC to make wrist rollers. I went to home depot and they said you have to buy the entire length (like 6 or 8 feet) and take it home with you, then do whatever you want. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ask around, chances are you will find someone with a few scraps laying around. Or stop by where they are building something.

Good luck.

Try a plumbers shop

Alas, buying the entire thing is incredibly impractial irregardless of what I can use it for. First, getting it home would probably require the rental of a vehicle, and storage would be an issue in this small, still packed apartment. However, being a new resident in what is probably the city undergoing the most remodeling in the US makes it quite reasonable to find some via a plumber. I will have to let my fingers do some walking and see what I can come up with in the next few weeks. Thanks for the input.

If you go to an auto parts store you can find short pieces of exhaust pipe, they are pretty thin but could easily handle being used as a wrist roller. I have a length that's about 2 3/8" diameter I got for about $5. I think they had diameters from 1 1/2 - 3".

cut it with a saw and bring it home or get them to cut it for you :D

You can try a smaller local hardware store. Here we have ACE and they sell by the foot. I also bought 50# 60D nails for $43.00. The larger stores will cut the pipe for you. Hope this helps.

If you get the 8' piece of PVC pipe, you can make several wrist rollers, sell them, and make more than your money back.

If you get the 8' piece of PVC pipe, you can make several wrist rollers, sell them, and make more than your money back.

i did that and it worked out, great.

If you find a home under construction chances are there is a ton of PVC laying around just waiting to be thrown out. The plumbers aren't gonna leave the good stuff laying around so most likely anything you find they would consider scraps or junk. You could always ask just to be sure though.

Finding a plumber as a friend can really pay off. Especially if they don't pay for the stuff they use. Let just say you can get a good discount on what you need and they get beer money....