50 Pound Anvil Horn Lifting

Sybersnott

Did some anvil lifting with my 50 pounder.  Boring!!  :hehe

Decided to get serious, and added some weight to that puppy.  Slapped on another 20 pounds to make it a 70 pound lift.  As Ted Arcidi would say, "It went up like buttercake".

I have a chain around the middle of it and then through the chain I added the weights.  Now, I'll haffta get MORE weights and a longer chain.  I neglected to mention that I'm using my anvil SOLELY for horn lifting.  Does anyone have a 50 pounder that they are lifting - doing horn lifting - and if so, what are you lifting?  How long did it take you to get to that weight??  

If I get a chance... I'll take some pics.  I would like to work up to over 100 pounds if I can.  BTW.... tried to lift a 70 pound anvil by the horn and failed miserably.  The horn on a 70 pounder is just TOO wide for me; which is why I got my 50 pounder.

Today I was able to add 40 pounds to it to make it a 90 pound lift.  Strangely enough, I was able to get a better grip with my left hand and was able to stand erect with this lift.  I'll add more weight later on and give everyone the results.

Robby,

No.  Mostly every other day - and sometimes I'll give a rest on the days I'm supposed to.... depends on how I feel.  I'm gonna add more weight tomorrow, and see what happens.  Wish me luck!!  :)

Update:  Today I lifted over 100 pounds PLUS.  And now I'm using chalk (and that makes the lifting so much easier).  Now, I'll haffta add even MORE weight - that means getting more weight plates!  At this pace..... I'll lift *** by Memorial Day!!  :p  :p