Two Reds At Once?!

carusom1

Did a search, don't know if this has been brought up before,

I found a MILO of march 2004, it said that Brookfield bent two REDS bare handed?!

I know that Brookfield is the man but this seems almost unbelievable.

I didn't post this to stir anything up, I just want to know if it is true, that is all?

(It is published in MILO, so there isn't much doubt, but I just had to check)

thanks

bend a red barehanded , im sure theres quite a few guys who could do this.

not DO tho :D

really?? oh

I don't know anyone else, but then again, I have never asked.

Edited by carusom1

i would think guys bending 5/16'' g5's and stuff up in that area

could do a red barehanded.

i dont know of any, im just sayin i think theres some guys that could do it too.

Not sure that I know any one that dose. I don't even think Pat is that crazy. :D He might be tho. :laugh

I find it comical when people who clearly know nothing of a feat make perdictions/claims.

Has anybody here who thinks a Red can be bend bare handed ever bent one?

Furthermore, I have read the article a few times and nowhere does it say he bent 2 Reds at once bare handed.

-HH

http://www.ironmind.com/ironcms/opencms/Ir...ail_Article.pdf

peep out that article of his

"Also with my technique, you don’t have

to use as much cloth or padding because

your hands are not pressing directly on

the ends of the steel."

wow john brookfield= a god among men 2 at once is incredible

Has anyone seen video or seen in person Brookfields technique? I'm not doubting the guy but it seems like something we might see at a demonstration or something. I seriously doubt anyone will be bending a red barehanded, and forget about 2 at once.

I honestly think a Red could be bent bare handed.. I have weak lil girly hands and I can bend a Red with a lil peice of suede, so with life time hand training and technique dif, i think its totally possible

I have bent a G2 and a IM Yellow bare handed before just to add. In cause someone says GO BEND SOMETHING BARE HANDED

2 reds? uhhh... Ironmind SCANDAL

I have bent a G2 and a IM Yellow bare handed

I am not doubting but that would be a nice a video to see. :D

I dunno, the amount of soft tissue damage would be out of control, regardless of what style one uses. I think it could be done but only serious permanent damage to the hands as a sacrifice.

And 2 at once...dont think so.

I agree with MT on this one. I believe a red could go down bare handed but not DO style.. I would say the best shot at it is terminator style. If you watch napalm bend the red terminator style you will see that he does not have much padding at all. The hand has to be properly conditioned though. If any of you have ever shook bench god scott mendelson's hand you would realize that it is possible to develop cinderblock's for palms.

my two cents,

burner

Has anybody here actually seen John Brookfield bend anything IN PERSON? If you have, have you inspected what he bent? No offense to John, because he is a very strong man, but most of what is posted about John Brookfield on this board sounds like a gossip column out of the National Enquirer. I know somebody who knows somebody who heard that somebody saw him do so and so. Blah, blah, blah! Pictures and video prove nothing unless you really know the integrity level of the person claiming to do the feat, as well as the credibility and knowledge base of any witnesses. A Red nail barehanded? For those who want to try it, go right ahead, and be my guest. Is it possible? Perhaps.

As far as MILO being the gospel, do you think everything in that magazine is true? Yes, it is a quality publication, and Dr. Strossen has done his best for over a decade to bring Iron Game fans a really good read, but are all the facts checked? I know from speaking to Dr. Strossen that he never met John Brookfield in person until only about a year and a half ago, so what he wrote about John was only from what he knew about John from others and from what John told him himself. Again, not a knock on John, but just an illustration of how facts have the potential to get a bit warped through 3rd party communications, and potential misinterpretations.

Dont think greg or clay can do it bare handed. But dave morton probrobly could if he tried. :)

A red can and has bent bent barehanded.

Brookfeild didnt bend 2 reds at once, nor did it say that.

I myself would never try it, I can't think of any reason this would be a good idea. Kurt you said it has been done, by who? The cut end of a red is pretty sharp I am having trouble understanding who would attempt it unmodified.

I have seen John Brookfield bend in his videos and he does NOT bend the way everyone seems to describe it. The way he describes his bends in the slaying the dragon article and the way it actually is done is 2 different things. I think his form of bending would be considered "braced bending". Now I could be wrong as I have not seem him in person but his "How To" video where he shows how to bend short steel is where my comments are directed. Please note: I am not being derogatory I am only stating what I saw.

As to two reds at once..... I tried it.... TRIED being the key word.

Oh and Dave Morton told me he "No Way" when I asked him to bend one barehanded. I think he bent a blue barehanded once, he may still have the hole in his hand from it :)

Edited by gamidon

I think barehanded would have to be an entirely different technique. I did some barehanded stuff. Longer is nicer, cuz you can keep the ends away from your hands. I think a 60d barehanded would be the farthest a sane person would take it. And again, (for me) anything barehanded was totally unorthodox technique. Holding it one hand and pushing flat over, etc. Nothing that resembled wrapped techniques.

EDIT: Ok, this thread got my gears turning... working on a 60d for giggles. Got a decent wobble in it. I KNOW Greg or Dave could do it, unless their hands are too big. Positioning in teh hand has to be way different. I like the crook of thumb/pal when wrapped. That's a big negative so far with the barehand.

Edited by CMunger

I find it comical when people who clearly know nothing of a feat make perdictions/claims.

Has anybody here who thinks a Red can be bend bare handed ever bent one?

I have bent reds for volume.

I myself would never try it, I can't think of any reason this would be a good idea.

Exactly like i said, i am sure you have the strength to do it but you would screw your hands up. And in the long run would be kinda pointless.

Edited by Oldtime

I'm about ready to hang this project up for the day. :laugh Wobbled nail and sore hands. Even a paper towel would go a long way to making this easier. Trained hands would help a lot, too. :blush