In Reference To This Article

speedy

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...=0entry177563

It's basically about gripping while you are at your job, and things you can use. However, there are places like IM that say treat your grip training like you would with all your other training. Which means don't do it while you are watching TV or/and while you are working. Work on your grip when it's time to do your exercises, and then the rest of the day let the hands rest.

Who agrees for those trule working on their grip, should rest for the entire day, or there is no harm or fould using the grippers through the out the day?

Me personally I have tried the during the office thing, and I found I exhaust my hands to the point I can't close my #2 anymore, and also I start getting blisters. There is such a thing as over training. Now there are alternatives that I see as more tools to loosen things up: Chinese exercise balls also known as dexterity balls, Power Putty, the squeeze balls, and whatever else fits in this category.

I took the article to be a time efficiency thing, i.e. you could do some training while at work - without having to take special equipment to work.

While I'm doing KTA I take my grippers to work on the Monday and use them during my lunch break. Friday is rest day so I bring them home on Thursday evening, so I can use them at weekend.

Being able to separate grip work from other weight training helps keep each workout time down.

Dax

When I use to work a desk job, I preferred to use my office time to work the often ignored extensors. By working them at the office, I could always make sure I got the exercises into my routine. Not to mention, flexing your hand outwards against a bunch of rubberbands is a lot less conspicuous than using a gripper or pinching books.

Not to mention, flexing your hand outwards against a bunch of rubberbands is a lot less conspicuous than using a gripper or pinching books.

I agree with Raziel here.

Its pretty funny, most people will think you are very weird when they see you straining against a gripper, Until they try it , that is.

And I also found it easier and more efficient to train my extensors at work, simply because my hands were getting dirty , working in food service, and i didnt want to keep washing them throughout the day for gripper training, so i pumped my hands for reps or time and wrapped rubber bands around them and that got my forearms pretty pumped up.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...=0entry177563

It's basically about gripping while you are at your job, and things you can use. However, there are places like IM that say treat your grip training like you would with all your other training. Which means don't do it while you are watching TV or/and while you are working. Work on your grip when it's time to do your exercises, and then the rest of the day let the hands rest.

Who agrees for those trule working on their grip, should rest for the entire day, or there is no harm or fould using the grippers through the out the day?

Me personally I have tried the during the office thing, and I found I exhaust my hands to the point I can't close my #2 anymore, and also I start getting blisters. There is such a thing as over training. Now there are alternatives that I see as more tools to loosen things up: Chinese exercise balls also known as dexterity balls, Power Putty, the squeeze balls, and whatever else fits in this category.

I've always had good luck with grip training whenever I felt like it. During school, I'll just sit in class and close the #2 every few minutes. This seems to have worked well for me, as I went from being able to close the #1 a few times when I first got it a few months ago, to being able to close the #2 for about 5 reps now. I apply this to a lot of my training, like pullups and pushups. For example, If I am watching TV, during the commercials, I'll get up and do 30 pushups. This can also be done with weights. I just got a dumbell a while back, nd could barely press 60lbs (took about 10 seconds). I started just pressing it whenever I could, and now I can get it fairly easily.

I just started to do pony clamp work on Sundays when i am at work. I like it as I can concentrate on other grip exercises during the week and unless it slips and snaps down on a finger no one knows what the hell I am doing.