Closed The #2

castroh

Hello all!

Yes,i finally did it :cool ,i closed the #2 today and to be honest i had to ask one guy to check it out. :D:D

So,i did two singles with the #2 but wasn't able to do it for a third time.

I had planned a different report for today cause i had finished the KTA program sunday and was so near to close it that i was going to writte here my experience with it,i'm glad i tried it today!!

Now i'm thinking of starting a more balanced routine but will keep working with the grippers although at a much lower frequency,maybe KTA will help me close my RB210 :mosher

Btw,i only did it with my rigth hand,my left hand was injured when i started Kta,so it is a little behind :blush

Thank you all :mosher:cool

Helder

nice, that took me so long to close, you should do overcrushes with an hg 250 with your left to get it back up to speed. :cool

congratulations dude! i remember when i started closing my #2 for the first time. it's a great feeling. now onto the #3 right??!

Nice Job Castroh!

Keep at it man.

Grippers are a lot of fun.

But work consistently if you want to close big grippers.

I closed the #2 a couple months ago , but can only barely close it now because I have been focusing on other tools and excersizes and havent used grippers for a while.

But it is quite a rush when you first get it to close. Awesome.

Good Luck with the KTA.

Nice job man.I also want to know how long youve been training grippers?

Nice job !! I'll bet that you aren't yet fully rested from KTA and that closing the #2 with your RH will become a regular part of any routine you end up doing.

Good luck with your RB210.. mine is just a tiny bit under a 3" spread and Bencrush and jad rated it harder than Ben's "easier" #3 at the BBB !! .. you may wish to progress to a RB240N or 260N or BBSM or even a small step to a wide RB180 first.

I first NS closed my #2 about 10 weeks ago and was so happy it was hard to sleep for a couple days !!

Congrats .. neilkaz .. :mosher

Congrats! I can remember that I was very proud when I closed my #2 the first time.

Congrats!

It's not uncommon to receive a nice big rebound PR just after finishing a KTA cycle.

Congratulations. You should test some of your other lifts too, you might be suprised. I think my pinch went up even more during KTA than my crush did.

I've been training with the grippers for some time now,my first log entry goes back to the end of september 2004,i was doing 10 singles with the #1,one minute rest but still wasn't able to do it for all the reps. :blush

I bougth the #2 by the end of October and of course i couldn't close it,so i was doing negatives with it.

I increased the number of singles with the #1,i was doing sets of 4 reps.Around january i was alternating overcrushes(#1) with negatives(#2)

Around April i decided to buy two Robert Baraban grippers,RB 160 and the RB210,they are bigger and have a wider spread than Ironmind's,so they are harder :blink

I stopped training with the grippers till the end of August,when i decided that i needed to follow a plan,i already had Kta,so i became more serious about achieving this goal :happy

I came very close to close the #2 rigth at the beginning of KTA but only did it four days after i ended the program :whistel ,well,i got it and i'm happy :cool

I think my pinch grip has improved a little too,i can do now a hub lift with 10kgs,not much but better than nothing :tongue

Thank you all for the support,i'm usually a lurker here but this is the best board for grip training information :bow

Helder

Good Job on the #2 close, bro. I'm pretty envious cuz I'm so close I might as well be closing it. But you know how that last little cm is. Keep it up. Train hard and live strong.

Congratulations.  You should test some of your other lifts too, you might be suprised.  I think my pinch went up even more during KTA than my crush did.

Scott,

This is absolutely true,today i pinched two 10kg plates for what seemed to be an eternity,those plated are a bit wider that the other regular olympic plates that i have at my gym :mosher

And i did 3 singles with the #2 :tongue

Helder

Nice job :D

That is great. I recently closed my #2 for the first time. It finally felt like I had a pretty decent grip finally.