Smp76's Bending Log

smp76

10-30-05

I bent three Reds for the first time DO

11-02-05

No rest for the wicked, my pointer fingers are still hammered from the Reds I hit a few days ago but if I ever hope to keep up with Mike and Ron then I thought that I better stay after it.

(1) Steel Works 5/16"X7" DO ( I was warmed up from coaching wrestling practice this afternoon and just bent when I got back to my class room.)

(1) IM Red still using leather until my order comes in. It went quick but still trying to get this whole under your chin shit down, admitibly I think I have horrid form.

(1) Steel Works (S.W.) 5/16"X6.5" DO got it and it was harder than the Red so my estimate of this batch of S.W. 5/16" was right on.

(1) S.W. 5/16"X6" attempt, wobbled it to about ( that much, man it is amazing what a half inch does to toughness.

So all together:

All bends were DO and I have not given up on DU but I am trying to get ready for the certification so I think training proper and not hit an miss is my thinking right now.

(1) S.W. 5/16"X7"

(1) IM Red

(1) S.W. 5/16"X6.5" PR!!

(1) S.W. 5/16"X6" wobble DO

-Sean

Just when I thought I was through bending two of my janitor friends came in and wanted to see what I had been bending lately so I bent another 5/16"X6.5 S.W. piece for them and was smoked when I finished it. It took about 30 seconds or so but man it was tough and the pressure was on with the audience and I had a feeling they were not going to accept "well I just got finished bending these (pointing at the other stuff I bent tonight)" as a viable excuse for failure.

So just add one more 6.5"X5/16" pice to the toal for today!

-Sean

You are a bending machine!

that is the third time this week!!

I've been slacking, need to start back in and catch up with your superhuman DO, out of nowhere abilities. :-)

6.5'' is awesome, keep it up Sean

Sean, nice bending! Those Reds are gonna start getting shorter and shorter now, at an alarming rate. Keep it up!

Thanks guys. Mike, I was wondering where you have been bending wise? Feeling the swell of glory from winning the race eh? :) I suspect that you have just never heard the old saying "you are only as good as your last race" huh? Lets race Mike for some 6"X5/16" FBBC certs. I am really pumped about this new DO style.

Eric, you will have to be somewhere in the 4.5" range DO though or a 6"X5/16" G5 right, not too sure where we should start you because you are vastly superior to Mike and I at DO.

-Sean

Sean, you give me way too much credit. I'm not much better than anyone who can take down the Red. My best ever with the 5/16" FBBC round was a 5 1/4" piece, which took probably two or three minutes. I can't match that now, even though I'm stronger now at the longer pieces. A 5/16 x 7" grade 5 is something I'm struggling (training very hard for this) to get in under two minutes. I'm in no way genetically gifted, strengthwise, and am probably tapping my genetic potential with this bolt. It's not that I don't have a positive attitude, I'm just trying to be a realist. I have a thin, lanky build that takes on additional muscle kicking and screaming. :laugh Not to sell myself short, my God given gift is a tenacious work ethic and strong desire to try and do what I consider to be impressive. I really believe when some of the bigger, more muscular guys really go full bore with bending we'll see some unimagineable stuff go down. Big Steve, Greg, Dave, and others are all great examples of these types of beasts.

But yeh, wanna race? :) How about you guys cert on the Huge Bastard (6" FBBC), and I'll cert on the 7" grd 5 here on the Gripboard list? I'm definitely pumped for this! Plus, double over doesn't hurt my girly wrists like DU.

But yeh, wanna race? :) How about you guys cert on the Huge Bastard (6" FBBC), and I'll cert on the 7" grd 5 here on the Gripboard list?  I'm definitely pumped for this!  Plus, double over doesn't hurt my girly wrists like DU.

Eric,

You are on. I will shoot for the Huge Bastard Cert and you can race me but you have to cert on the 7"X5/16" G5! Mike you in? Hell, Ron? Anyone else?

-Sean

Sean-

I am in!! Lets go buddy. This last challenge was great. At first I didn't think it was going to be a big deal but I found myself much more motivated knowing that you and Eric were on the other end pushing for the same thing I was going after.

Are you going to go through all the certs or just go straight for the 6"?

Eric-

Kill the grade 5!!! Lets get it on!

Edited by carusom1

Ah damn yes I'm in, lol. Get OldTime in on this too if he hasn't done it already. Man you guys have some resilient hands, mine are still recovering from the first red bends :D ........Sean's already started a log, haha.

That 6" FBBC cert is gonna be tough for sure with the red @ 415lbs just by looking at the numbers from Eric's other thread:

5/16" ROUND

7"=440

6.5"=510

6"=600

5.5"=695

I'm gonna try and order some FBBC stock soon to give it a try. Were you guys gonna try and go up through the different levels or shoot right for the Huge Bastard Cert?

Ron-

I'm glad your in! Lets see what you've got!?

I'm gonna try my best to keep up with you guys. Sean is a maniac right now. Don't worry too much about the numbers- lets just bend the damn thing.

So Ron's running the race, too. Fantastic! I'm gonna start a training log for all of us like we kept for double underhand.

I received my new bag of 20 Reds and IM pads on Friday night. I came home from a long day coaching a wrestling tournament with a following day on Saturday to find a party going on at my house so, of course I had to bend and some of the guys at the party what bending want. I did minimal:

(1) 60d nail DO

(1) 60d Nail DU

(1) New IM Red nail DO

I am going to take a few days off and then give it a shot with the IM pads, boy they look thin next to my leather, heheh. Ouch. It is going to hurt, but then again who really gives a shhit about pain anyway?

-Sean

Sean-

Eric started us a new log in workouts. Maybe you can post in both.