Iron Mind Or Beef Builders Grip Machine?

Mitch Kirchner

Hey guys I need your guys advice on this. I am really considering buying the BB grip machine. But why is the Iron Mind one so expensive I think its like $225 or something like that. Is the Go Really Grip Machine that much better. I'm probbly just going to get the BB one. I don't want to spend around $300 with shipping when I can get the BB one for a litlle over a $100 with shipping. The Question I want to ask is whats the difference in the two? Which one is better?

Calling Sybersnott....

I would go with the BB, simply because you can get like 5 or 6 grippers or a ton of bending steel or a nice thickbar with the money you will save. The BB is much less polished than the Go Really, and the base seems less stable, but then again...the $$$.

Calling Sybersnott....

I would go with the BB, simply because you can get like 5 or 6 grippers or a ton of bending steel or a nice thickbar with the money you will save. The BB is much less polished than the Go Really, and the base seems less stable, but then again...the $$$.

Ya I noticed on th BB one the base was not as wide as the Go Really but I would not think it would matter too much when you load that baby up with some weight.

Here is my input:

I own the G-rex, bought it off one of the guys here whom hacksawed the pincher off it (for reasons I do not care to mention). Anyway, I am not big on pinching, and if you are not, honestly the G-rex might be a bigger cost than you need to spend. If you buy the BB, I think you will get the same results, and maybe even quality at a much cheaper cost.

http://www.wwfitness.com/gripstrength.html

I'm probbly just going to get the BB one. I don't want to spend around $300 with shipping when I can get the BB one for a litlle over a $100 with shipping.

Mitch, Mitch, Mitch.... :trout

Yes, go with the BB. You won't go wrong - trust me on this. :happy

John,

I'm going to get real soon. 2 days ago I ordered the beef builder standing wrist roller. So excited to get it. When I pay my bills this mounth and see what I got left over I'll the BB grip machine.

When I pay my bills this mounth and see what I got left over I'll (get) the BB grip machine.

I just got a PM from Mitch telling me he went ahead and ordered the BB grip machine. :D

When I pay my bills this mounth and see what I got left over I'll (get) the BB grip machine.

I just got a PM from Mitch telling me he went ahead and ordered the BB grip machine. :D

Now I can die happy. :rock

Don't die just yet - he doesn't have the machine, we don't know what he can do on it OR if he'll like it. :)

I did a PR on the BeefBuilder GM today... 230 pounds. I have a feeling 250 is right around the corner; I might be good for 300 right around Christmas or shortly thereafter! :bow:D

I did a PR on the BeefBuilder GM today... 230 pounds.  I have a feeling 250 is right around the corner; I might be good for 300 right around Christmas or shortly thereafter!  :bow  :D

What distance are the handles on the machine when you are hitting that lift? I use a couple small boards to cut down the spread.

Don't die just yet - he doesn't have the machine, we don't know what he can do on it OR if he'll like it. :)

I did a PR on the BeefBuilder GM today... 230 pounds. I have a feeling 250 is right around the corner; I might be good for 300 right around Christmas or shortly thereafter! :bow:D

that's sweet, dude.

How wide of plates does the BBGM handle?

The picture looks like a 10 lbs plate, and if it's 14" that means it only holds about 150 pounds.

So how do you load it with 300 lbs? Unless that's a 25 lbs plate and the picture just doesn't do it justice.

I use a couple small boards to cut down the spread.

I do the same. Since I'm doing timed holds and negatives on this thing, I'm not concerned with the spread since I don't do reps on this one (except at the very end of the workout and then it's two-handed). I do my reps on another grip machine I have. :)

How wide of plates does the BBGM handle?

This machine handles the big 45 pound plates, so weight is NOT A PROBLEM here!

The picture looks like a 10 lbs plate, and if it's 14" that means it only holds about 150 pounds.
The pic of the machine on the WLW site looks deceiving; the actual machine looks a lot different.
So how do you load it with 300 lbs?  Unless that's a 25 lbs plate and the picture just doesn't do it justice.

You can put any sized plates on it you wish; I have the 35 and 25 pound Oly plates on mine and that gets me closer to the machine to do what I need to do with it. Anyone doing 300+ pounds on this machine??.... :bow:bow