Rolling Thunder

afwolf33

I just bought a RT and I had never done any type of thick bar lifting in the past. I used it for the first time friday night and my forearms still hurt 3 days later. I've been lifting for a while and have never been sore for this long. Is this because I'm not used to thick bar?? Or does thick bar always make you this sore?

You'll get used to it just like any other form of training and the soreness won't be as intense. Well, I guess its that way for me anyway...if I don't train thick bar for a while I get quite sore but won't get sore if I train RT consistently.

Every once in a while I get sore forearms from the Rolling Thunder..... Seems like it is the only thing that makes my forearms sore.

Bob

Try cleans with a thick handled dumbbell. I trained on that for a while - max number of reps in one minute. Could hardly lift a pint galss after those workouts.

Thanks Jim. Might try that next time I go to larkin's, he has fixed thick bar DB's up to 100.

It's weird, other things make my forearms really tired too- 100 rep gripper sets, wrist roller, timed hangs, etc, but nothing seems to make me sore like the RT.

A lot of volume with the RT will definetly make your forearms ache. The fact that it rolls makes you work a little harder at keeping it stable, and that comes into play.

Bob

Try cleans with a thick handled dumbbell.  I trained on that for a while - max number of reps in one minute. Could hardly lift a pint glass after those workouts.

Mental note, never ever EVER Try cleans with a thick handled dumbbell.

Bob

Try cleans with a thick handled dumbbell.  I trained on that for a while - max number of reps in one minute. Could hardly lift a pint glass after those workouts.

Or just get your drinkin' BEFORE the workout...

What pain?

Twig! If ya never wanna do 'em... how are ya ever gonna get -- FAMOUS?!? :D