1 quick question about results

Guest RobbyTooSlobby

Guest RobbyTooSlobby

I have had some tremendous results with doing pullups with towels wrapped around the bars.  Doing these exercises for the last 2 weeks have strengthend my grip so that I am almost closing the #2 coc.  

I have been doing the towel pull ups  about twice a week now.  I might try doing them with added weight.  After I warm up I can do about 14 pullups.  Without the towels I can probably do about 25 to 30 pullups if I am not perfectly strict.

My thanks go to who ever mentioned this exercise, I can't remember if they even mentioned doing towel pullups but I remember towel deadlifts being mentioned by this person a lot.

I'll let you guys know when I close it.  Considering my progress it should go down in the next week or 2. Hopefully.

Guest RobbyTooSlobby

LOL I believe I forgot to ask a question.  I just wanted anyones oppinion on whether I should add weight or try to add more towel pullups throughout the week?  

Also this is pretty hard on the towels and I am afraid they will rip to shredds.  Do any of you guys have any suggestions on finding tougher towels.  How about if I get the towels damp?  Do the towels being wet or dry have anything to do with how strong they are?

Those are my questions.  :D

Thanks

the way i figure it, if you can do more than 10 reps, add some weight.  one way i make mine tougher is to add a bit of tape to it every so often, making it thicker and thicker.  or, try rolling up a long beach towel and using it, i bet that would be tough.

Robby,

This exercise was touted by Jesse Marunde (the first teenage Captains Of Crush).  Also, have you considered just going to failure on the pullups?  Try that.  :)