PDA 278

Guest Nehemiah

Guest Nehemiah

I have a PDA Calibrated 278. From a practical standpoint, should this be closer to a #2 or #3 COC? Just wondering has I have the COC T, #1, #2 and #3.

This is, and has been a touchy subject as of late.  I can only relay to you MY findings as they match up with my own grippers.

A 278 PDA would be a #2, and nowhere near a decent #3.  Can you close this gripper?  Your gripper is what a #2 should be, since my BBM's were very close or over 300.  :)

I bought a #2 COC from Paul Valpreda. he said that teh #2 is tougher than the 278. But I have a 325 PDA that would almost equal and sometimes be over a regular #3.

Guest Euclid

In my own limited experience I found that my #2 is much harder to close than my PDA 333 ip.  Tou, I wish ip's were the definitive factor because I think I'd be closing the #3 now.  I can get 4-5 reps on my PDA 333 and not a single rep on my #2.  Go figure.

Many here have been able to go on to close their #3 without buying any "in between grippers" such as PDA,s or Beef

Builders. They have done it with just the Ironmind # 1, 2, 3, mainly using strapholds and or negatives. I myself did it (not certified) without doing negatives or strapholds. I am however going to start doing negatives so that I will be able to close it long enough for a clear pic.

My PDA 323 was much easier then my #2 COC.  I closed the PDA 10 times each hand, no problem.  

I have a PDA 387 coming-I will keep everyone informed...

Rick Walker :hehe