Wrist Roller W/ Chains?

Starkmann

Just wondering if anyone has experience or ideas regarding the implications of using a heavy chain in place of the rope and weight. Seems like it may be interesting. It would start heavy, get lighter as you roll it but it would get a lot heavier right at the end.

I may experiment with this some time in the future, just thought I would try to learn from the mistakes of other first.

I have a home made wooden wrist roller with an eye hook in the center.

Locked a chain to the eye hook, wrap the other end of the chain around different size dumbells, or hooked it up to my bucket. Usually use 10lb, 15lb, or 20lb dumbells, depending on how i feel that day.

Makes it much harder than rope, heavier to turn. Lots of Fun!

I have started using my homemade 2" PVC pipe roller attached to a really long piece of rope, and then heavy plates (70#) last night. Roll it up while dragging the plates across the ground. This from Brookfield's Tips on FHS site. Now I'm gonna have to add the old log chain I dug out of my garage. Something's gotta work on these skinny wrists of mine!!

John Scribner