6" X 1/4" G8 Bend

Dude

I finally video taped doing a 6" x 1/4" G8. Haven't been doing much bending because it messe my hands up for a few days. I gotta make my wraps tighter for sure which is why I slip in the crushdown.

I'm still strapped for cash at the moment so I don't have 20 beans to throw towards buying reds. But when I get one and try it I'll post a vid. Any pointers greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=3277

Very strong bend. :rock

Form looks fine to me.

You have got some very good strength going on there for sure. You need to work on explosiveness at the begining of your bends. Wraps- make those wraps as tightly as you possibly can, and you will be amazed at the increase in power you will have. In the meantime buy some 5.5 and 5.0 grade 8 and work on them. If you work on explosiveness you are gonna kill some serious metal dude...........Brett

Looks good man. A tip that Amidon gave me on the crush down that helped me a great deal was to keep the metal high under the chin even when you switch to the crush down phase. I have a tendency to lower the bar when I chest crush but when I raise it to just below my chin the crush down goes very quick. Keep it up man, and if you need a Red equivalent then some shorter grade 8s will do nicely but try to find some hard stock at the 7" range to stay in the groove.

-Sean

Thanks for the replies. Your right KerbJr I do have to work on my explosiveness. I don't think I'm crushing it down enough in the inital bend before moving onto the crushdown.

I'm gonna try and get some reds soon. I really wanna know if I can do one or not.

Yes, not only did the bend look easy, but your technique looked spot on. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that technique has a tendency to change for better or for worse with max bends. I tend to think it's most helpful to critique the technique of max bends. But again, you're obviously one stong dude, with a ton of potential!

great job. that looked too easy, dude.

Yes, not only did the bend look easy, but your technique looked spot on.  One thing to keep in mind, though, is that technique has a tendency to change for better or for worse with max bends.  I tend to think it's most helpful to critique the technique of max bends.  But again, you're obviously one stong dude, with a ton of potential!

Borrowed some $ and bought some reds last night. Can't wait till they get here. I'll post a video up as soon as I can and give'em a try.

Edited by Dude

damn, you're strong

how long have you been bending?

burner

I started in the beginning of June but haven't been doing it as much as I should be. As of late I've been doing it a bit more, a few bends here and there each week, but before I would skip a few weeks in between workouts. I really want the Coc cert so I've been working on that.

I think you are very strong but what eric said is absolutely true, with stronger steel the technique will change. The explosiveness is an incredible factor. In order to bend at the red level and beyond you must have stability. Once you are stable and the hands are placed properly you will learn to blast into the bar with relentless force. Be patient and video yourself to critique the form. Noone knows what your are feeling during the bend except you. I like to see that you use IM pads, but don't be afraid to use leathers to develop your strength. It will help your hands not to get as beat up and will still give you some serious tissue build up in the palms. Learning how to hit the bar properly will take a bit of time and possibly a few minor injuries. Keep the rotators strong try to get in some benching.

best of luck.

hit em' hard,

burner

I started in the beginning of June but haven't been doing it as much as I should be. As of late I've been doing it a bit more, a few bends here and there each week, but before I would skip a few weeks in between workouts. I really want the Coc cert so I've been working on that.

that's pretty damn good, dude.

Some great advice given so far. EXPLODE EXPLODE EXPLODE!!!! Your goal has to be to complete the bar in one violent move. I dont care if you break all your fingers crashing them into eachother, BLAST into it. With this mindset the red should go down because you have the strength already. Good luck and put that bar under your chin on the crushdown. :bow