1weight loss and grip strength

Rick Walker

I have read some posts recently about the losing of weight hurting grip strength.  How?

I understand that losing weight greatly affects squat, deadlift, and bench strength because your leverages change greatly even with a 5 pound decrease.

But-there arent any leverages when using the grip.

I only ask because I am in the process of trying to get down to 198.  I was 228 last Friday and already, from adding running (which I hate so much!!!!!!!)  and tightening my diet down completed (no milk, bread, fruit-300 protein and 300 carb or about 2100 cals.)  I am 216.  My gripo strength still feels as strong as ever.

If anything, I am planning on training with More intensity as I lose weight.  My basic plan is to use the #1 to warm up and then skip the #2 for awhile and go right to #3 and do negatives after negatives after negatives (Till my fingers bleed!)  I will include the Atlas as well.  I did this last night and after 6 sets of holds with the #3, I could not even close the #1 :D   I was fried!  I was so spent I struggled to pinch 2-25s for more then 15 seconds.  

Rick Walker :hehe