Newest IronMind Grippers

Bill Piche

Just got another 2.  Stamped both handles. Definitely harder out of the bag than the last 2 I bought.  My friend at work bought a 2 as well. Between the two, both looked to be better "in quality control" than what was coming out in 2000-2001.  :)

If anything, all this talk of skews, handles, etc. has given customer feedback

Wanna..... are you serious?  You think Strossen really cares?  He doesn't - you know it, and I know it.  :angry:

You just got a harder gripper from a different batch.  NOTHING HAS CHANGED.  Just ask Strossen.... but then again, he won't tell you anything that you don't already know.  :(

Snott, for someone who is dead set on certifing on an IM gripper, you sure as #### bad mouth them.  I like the bandwagon approach too.  You were all for IM awhile back, now you're all about something else, mainly PDA.  Since IM is such a shit company, maybe you should quit buying their products.  That's what I do.  If I like something I buy it, if I don't then I won't.  Simple as that......

Snott, open your eyes for a change and close your #### mouth.  I applaud Bill, he's straightforward and truthful enough to mention a positive for IM when he sees it.  I don't know what the #### your beef is with Randy Strossen, but did you ever think you might get back what you give?  If you come across as an arrogant self-centered SOB (and you generally do), you're gonna get that right back at you.  

Learn a little humility, it will do you some good.

Ok guys, let's not get into a battle on this one.

Thanks guys!

Wait a mo', terminator....

You're the one getting bent outta shape on this one, bro.  I tell it LIKE IT IS, and that's the way it is!!!  (Somebody has to - I guess it has to be me).

IronMind is a great company, they have great products - BUT let's put everything into perspective.  The grippers are as different as snowflakes, as different as night-and-day, when compared to each other; we have already established that.  PDA has TAUGHT us that, and Richard would back me up on that.

The "Two Virgins" thread backs me up.  And Wanna KNOWS what I'm talking about.  IronMind is just not interested in SPECIFICS.... sad but true.  Fact is, you could get a gripper from IM that PDA would calibrate at 300, and another gripper will calibrate at a much HIGHER number.... YET... the guy who closes the 300 gripper would certify as a COC??  Come on!!

Oh yeah.... "buy their products".  If the product is only what I feel it should be, then I'll be happy.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... with the grippers from IM, it's potluck.  THAT GOES FOR ANY GRIPPER THAT THEY SELL.  "Yous pays your money, and yous take your chances".  

We've gone over this before.  Let's NOT beat a dead horse.

I'm NOT trying to pick a fight.  Please wake up and smell the coffee.  Stossen is interested in $$$$$, and NOT which gripper is stronger than the other.  He doesn't care - but you (as the consumer) should.  And that's what I'M talking about.

Snott, wait just a minute.  Someone has to tell it like it is, and it's you?  HAH, you haven't told anything like it is.  I think our moderators do a fair job of this.  You jump from wagon to wagon.  Do you read any of the posts you reply to?  I am just curious.  I think Pat made a good point.  If your post isn't bragging on what you've done, or how big your forearms are, or blah, blah, blah.  They don't cover much, except for the occasional SEVERE NEGATIVES WORK GRIP 2X PER WEEK IS THE ONLY WAY post.  

You say get a gripper from IM that PDA calibrates at 300 and the guy certifies, so what's your point.  It's not his fault his gripper tested low.  Besides, I have seen for my self a gripper the tested 295 that was a bear!  As hard as 2 of my #3'sa, both 400 and up.  Also, a #2 that was tested at 263 another at 290.  My friend could close the 290 for 5 reps, set close, set close, etc...  He NEVER, I repeat NEVER close my 263.  Now I would surely think that 290x5 would equal 263x1.  Also, i have seen a 452 that I closed 4 reps go to a guy who couldn't close a 445.  He CLOSED the 452, I barely did 2 reps with the 445.  I would surely think that 452x2 would equal more than 445x2 wouldn't you?  Also, StrongerthanArne has tested several grippers that were rated higher and yet they were much weaker.  I got my grippers calibrated, but I rate them by hand.  The 445 is much harder then the 452, the 263 is harder than the 290, and the 295 is as hard as my 400 and 420.  So I really don't see where you're going, but your posts usually don't have a logical path, just kind of darting and whisping through touching on nothing.  

You did make one good point, grippers are as differnt as snowflakes.  This is true, whether you have an IM, PDA, or Jubinville.  PDA taught us that?  #### I knew my #3's were different before I sent them to PDA.  I don't think people were dumb enough to belive that if they had 4 #2's, they could close 1 and and they couldn't close 3 that they were the same.  

Also, Oh yeah.... "buy their products".  If the product is only what I feel it should be, then I'll be happy  How many IM grippers do you have??  Apparently enough that they were what you felt they should be.  

with the grippers from IM, it's potluck.  THAT GOES FOR ANY GRIPPER THAT THEY SELL.  "Yous pays your money, and yous take your chances".

I think others have also posted that the "eaiser" rated PDA grippers were harder than the "harder" rated PDA's. Is this not just taking your chances too?  

Sounds to me like you should email Dr. Strossen and say, "Look, I am a grip fanatic!!  I do nothing but eat and sleep grip!!  I have tried for 3 years to close the IM #3.  I love your products by the way.  Also, great service.  Anyway, I really am proud that I closed YOUR #3 gripper.  Now, I don't like your grippers, although I own about 10, and I think your service sucks.  So I am in in YOUR book right?"