Grip Machine Links?

Just_Shruggin

I want to buy a plate loaded grip machine (for standard sized plates, if possible), and i keep seeing you guys mentioning some good ones, but i dont know where to find them.. Can someone please post me some links? that'd be greatly appreciated.

-Shruggin

Go to Sorinex.com, and give Richard Sorin a call. He sells a couple of different models, and he can also customize the handle diameters as well.

Can RS do that? wow! Also you can go to weightlifterswarehouse and they have one. Otherwise most people here make their own.

When I was chasing the #3 many moons ago, I asked Richard to modify one of his machine from having 1" diameter handles to 3/4" handles to mirror the diameter of the CoC gripper handles. It is a great machine. With equipment, you get what you pay for. That is why I have all the confidence in the world that this machine will outlast whatever I can throw at it for many years into the future.

The grip machine that I currently recommend is the BeefBuilder grip machine from Weightlifter's Warehouse.

It has those type of handles that Steve talks about, slightly less than 1". I feel this configuration is the best and with the BB grip machine you can go as heavy as you want. I have mine at over 200 pounds right now and it could hold a lot more than that. :bow

I have an old IM grip machine which I can't use as it takes Olympic plates and I have next to none. However, I wouldn't like the two machines shown cos they only seem (John H says otherwise for his model) 150-200lbs. That is enough IMO for a one hand workout but not two. RS's machine which I saw at the 2005 GGC can hold 100's and 100's of pounds.

Again enough for one hand. It'd work two but refer to the Joe Kinney video - 350+ isn't unusual. I'd want a machine that was good for 400-500 I'd think. The Warren Tetting machine with linear bearings seems a nice bit o' kit.

However, I wouldn't like the two machines shown cos they only seem (John H says otherwise for his model) 150-200lbs.

If you're talking about the NYB grip machine, then yes it is limited according to what type of plates you have. The website says the machine's max is 150 pounds (they state this and IMHO it turns off a lot of people interested in the machine), but if you use regular standard plates you can put on about 175 pounds with no problem. If you use the thin plates, then 225 pounds is possible.

Again enough for one hand. It'd work two but refer to the Joe Kinney video - 350+ isn't unusual. I'd want a machine that was good for 400-500 I'd think. The Warren Tetting machine with linear bearings seems a nice bit o' kit.

Moving beyond about 325-350 pounds, the Tetting deluxe model, according to Tetting, is good for 9-100 pound olympic plates. That's looks to be an extremely smooth machine...

Thanks so much for all the replies! Just wanted to let everyone know that I ordered the beef builder machine this morning....It says the spindle is 14'' long and seeing as i use 50 pound standard size plates, i could imagine i'd be able to fit a crap load on. I also bought the Ivanko Super Gripper with a couple extra springs, it was only 21 bucks so i figured what the heck...

-Shruggin

Thanks so much for all the replies!  Just wanted to let everyone know that I ordered the beef builder machine this morning....It says the spindle is 14'' long and seeing as i use 50 pound standard size plates, i could imagine i'd be able to fit a crap load on.  I also bought the Ivanko Super Gripper with a couple extra springs, it was only 21 bucks so i figured what the heck...

-Shruggin

I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Standard size 50 pound plates work fine with it.

That's the Warren Tetting beast. Those look like thin 45's which we don't have here in the UK and the WT machine uses the linear bearings - it looks the bollocks don't it. If some of the features of the g-rex could be added you'd have the be all and end all right there.

Here's the simple answer, try clicking each of the top links. Look under their Grip areas. ;)

Here's the simple answer, try clicking each of the top links.  Look under their Grip areas. ;)

Some of us like to do things the complicated way, Wanna! :D:laugh