My First Failure

Mr.Moose

I've been bending for about three months and slowly been progressing from 3/16 HRS to 1/4 HRS to 6mm CRS, working my way down from 7' - 5". Been great, hitting PR every workout but I had nothing to "bridge the gap" between 6mm and 8 mm CRS. No 60Ds or bolts longer than 4". :(

Bought a piece of 5/16HRS but that must have been a mutant piece, when I cut it it snapped off with a highpitch "PING" and flew across the room, couldn't bend it unbraced. :cry

In my wisdom I came up with the idea to bend two pieces at once, one 6mm CRS and one 3/16 HRS, both 7". OMG, managed a 20° kink but that was it, cheat bent it over the back of a chair to 90° and then crushed it, felt great.

Finally I stalled and now I know where I stand at the moment, and I have a goal to crush. :D

It did almost get "boring" to set new PRs every workout.

Will know in a few weeks where I stand on a calibrated bending scale. Arne was kind enough to give me a few bars they use in the Swedish and European championships. The bars will arrive with all my new RB grippers, damn, two weeks can feel soooo looooong.

Claes

it's always better when you work hard to accomplish something and everyone has stalled at some point, now it's time to get hungry.

it's always better when you work hard to accomplish something and everyone has stalled at some point, now it's time to get hungry.

I was actually looking forward to stalling! :whistel It didn't feel like a real challenge when you hit PRs every workout. You get the feeling, "maybe I could have bent this last week?" I take it slowly and steady. I broke my right wrist many years ago and my left forearm/hand have some nerve damage, got stabbed, also years ago. Don't want to push myself too hard too quick and screw myself up. I'm only 46 so I have years of bending ahead of me. :D

Claes

BTW, your help Lyle have been very helpful. Thanks :bow

Did you tape the two nails together before bending them?

I did that with two 3/16 60ds duct taped and it was pretty difficult.

It is hard to make the tape rip for the kink. :whacked

Did you tape the two nails together before bending them?

I did that with two 3/16 60ds duct taped and it was pretty difficult.

It is hard to make the tape rip for the kink. :whacked

No, I didn't tape them. Just rolled them up together. Be a bit careful if you try it, the bars move a bit during a near max bend. Once the kink is there it's no problem but they have a life of their own before that. :D

Claes

Once the kink is there it's no problem but they have a life of their own before that. Claes

I agree.

Therefore I usually just put peices of duct tape on either end of the two nails when i dont want them moving around.

Yesterday, I went through two 3/16"x6" crs rods so easy that i tried taping three together side to side, but completely failed. The two on the outside bent but the middle one held solid, I'll be able to get it in a couple of weeks though.

Edited by ProfessorKomodo