Vbar And Rt Workouts

Dude

Did some searching and didnt really find what I was looking for.

What kind of workout would you do when using a vbar and the RT. How many times a week would you do it? Before or after grippers?

Also what are good beginner lift numbers for both of those. I'm looking at that chart of the top 10 vbar people and I'm not even close, :blush

I would do RT and v-bar after grippers. Frequency for v-bar should be anywhere between 1-2 weeks between workouts. You can do RT a bit more often.

You can do V-bar more often as well if you use a towel (makes it harder) and save your skin (much like in pinching).

Did some searching and didnt really find what I was looking for.

What kind of workout would you do when using a vbar and the RT. How many times a week would you do it? Before or after grippers?

Also what are good beginner lift numbers for both of those. I'm looking at that chart of the top 10 vbar people and I'm not even close, :blush

Towel over the V-bar? Will take all the seasoning off, won't it?

Towel over the V-bar? Will take  all the seasoning off, won't it?

Yes it will, so you will have to hold the v-bar low, well below the encrusted chalk.

Dutch I am thinking it would be best to do your v-bar volume training on a separate v-bar.

I have only ever pulled singles, Dude.

-Jedd-

Does anyone file there calluses (sp?) down for doing vbar? I can only do like 250 but it still feels like its gonna rip them off. Could this happen or is it highly unlikely?

Does anyone file there calluses (sp?) down for doing vbar? I can only do like 250 but it still feels like its gonna rip them off. Could this happen or is it highly unlikely?

I have seen it happen

The area VBar wants to tear up on me is in my palm where there really aren't any calluses to begin with. If its really pulling on calluses on the fingers you might wanna reevaluate how you are gripping the vbar. I don't have alot of vbar experience but I did pull 300lb on the vbar at Bob's Michigan Grip Contest so I'm hopefully not talking out of my ass to much :)

Edited by Incindium

In general, there is more strain put on the skin if you grab the bar from the side rather than more from from above.

Skin tears usually happen when you attempt a weight which is right at your limit.

The area VBar wants to tear up on me is in my palm where there really aren't any calluses to begin with. If its really pulling on calluses on the fingers you might wanna reevaluate how you are gripping the vbar. I don't have alot of vbar experience but I did pull 300lb on the vbar at Bob's Michigan Grip Contest so I'm hopefully not talking out of my ass to much :)

I was trying with different grips and the one I found that I got the most weight up was placning the bar above my palm calluses right on the first finger joint pad. I did it at angle so when I tried to pick it up my arm wanted to straighten and pulled my skin in my hand very tight. I tried placing it in my palm before but it didnt feel secure as much as the latter grip, I think I was doing it wrong maybe.

Does anyone have any pictures of different grips on the vbar?

One more Q, how much of a weight difference is there between using a seasoned vbar and a newer one? And is there any way to speed up seasoning it other than just using it with chalk? Prob not I would assume

Towel over the V-bar? Will take  all the seasoning off, won't it?

Yes it will, so you will have to hold the v-bar low, well below the encrusted chalk.

Interesting. I may give that a go as I am training v-bar 2x a week. I also, as I get real heavy (300+) hold the bar well down from the legal position as per a tip I gave Jedd. I'm looking to get weight up as high as possible and then lift less in competition (330+) Oh I I have been asking around and now I'm close to my limit and have torn the hands 2-3 times in recent weeks I also have changed to singles.

I was trying with different grips and the one I found that I got the most weight up was placning the bar above my palm calluses right on the first finger joint pad. I did it at angle so when I tried to pick it up my arm wanted to straighten and pulled my skin in my hand very tight. I tried placing it in my palm before but it didnt feel secure as much as the latter grip, I think I was doing it wrong maybe.

Does anyone have any pictures of different grips on the vbar?

One more Q, how much of a weight difference is there between using a seasoned vbar and a newer one? And is there any way to speed up seasoning it other than just using it with chalk? Prob not I would assume

Well I did think about buying a bar with some knurling on so as to get super, super heavy (say 400+) to see what if any effect that would have on a chalked bar. You could also, as per an earlier tip, see if using two bars, one prepped one not, would make a difference. For example your training bar could be sanded to roughen it.

Thanks for the info. I see in a lot of vids where peoples vbars are covered pretty good with chalk, but mine just doesn't wanna seem to hold any. Its a really slick bar, the end of a standard barbell cut to length. I'm gonna see if I can make another one up out of different stuff.