New Pr In Du

carusom1

Well, this was the best day of bending I have had yet! Skipped grippers yesterday so I could be stronger for today.

timber tie 60d

1/4 x 5 1/2'' HRS

grade 5 x 5 1/2''

1/4 x 7'' Square

3/8 x 7'' all thread (first time I have ever tried this, the fold was tough but like with other all threads, the crush is easier)

5/16 x 7'' HRS (SteelWorks) PR!!! :D

5/16 x 7'' CRS (SteelWorks) PR!!! :D

grade 8 x 6'' PR!!! (but couldn't get this SOB under 2'', so I don't know if it counts!? :angry: )

1/4 x 6 1/2''

1/4 x 6'' PR!!!

1/4 x 5'' (I actually had to do this DO :blush )

timber tie 60d

I was trashed after this! This was the toughest bending workout, I've had yet. The toughest bend was the grade 8. 6'' feels so much more uncomfortable than the 7'' pieces DU (at least for me).

I was really fu$#ing excited to get the 5/16 HR and CR. I need to order from Ironmind and FBBC, so I can cert. on thier steel. When I do, I will make sure and figure out a way to get this on video for the board.

I would like to thank Eric for pushing me so quickly and taking on this challenge. I don't think I would have pushed it as hard if I didn't put myself out there along with Eric and Sean.

Wasn't your previous best a 5.5" grd 5? Talk about a quantum leap! Congrats on those remarkable PRs!!!

Nice work Mike!

I am just itching to bend now that we all started a race to the Red DU. I am trying to hold back and stick to my four days of rest and then get some volume. I went out and bought some Steel Works 5/16" that Eric said was just under a Red and I also bought some more 1/4 square. I am really looking forward to bending on Monday.

I am glad you are making great gains Mike! It is awesome! :bow Keep on keeping on man.

-Sean

And keep posting in our workout log man, cut and paste your last workout. So I can keep this whole adventure in sight. :D