Nerikes Grip Championship 2005

jimcg

Okay, here are some pictures from todays contest in Vretstorp, Sweden.

It was a small but great contest with only three competitors but there were some really fine lifts. Dickey Oscarsson lifted 107 kg (236 lbs) in the two hand pinch, with a 50 mm solid and very smooth plate as base! He also lifted 115 kg (253,5 lbs) in RT and almost had 119,5 kg (263.5 lbs) as well. All these three lifts are documented in movie clips here:

http://www.jimgahnfelt.se/bilder/NGCII/

Sorry about the vbar clips has to be watched at a 90 degree angle...

The final results from the contest will be posted by Jörgen Holm.

//Jim

Thanks for sharing the clips! That was truly some world class lifting!

I am much happier with the set up this time. A nice platform, competitors including people that have placed high in LGC and the Euro and video clips. I am personally not bothered by the fact that only three people competed when they are of this standard (for record purposes, we have to see what the others say). It would not have made it more of a competition with the addition of two competitors of low standard.

Dickey is brutally strong. We already knew he had massive grip strength and now it is being confirmed on the platform. Hopefully he will compete in the next LGC so he can demolish the Swedish records on the Euro set up (91k). Give him a year or two (or even less) and he could very well take the WR in the pinch. He is that strong.

Great video clips!

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Dickey is a monster :bow:bow Great clips Jim. Congratulations to the competitors.

Dickey lift my Inchdumbbell very easy! I also note that he lift it with a more "pinchlike" gripp instead of using his wrist. He is one of the few who had one hand pinch two 25 kg (55 Lbs) Eleikoplates!

Dickey lift my Inchdumbbell very easy! I also note that he lift it with a more "pinchlike" gripp instead of using his wrist. He is one of the few who had one hand pinch two 25 kg (55 Lbs) Eleikoplates!

Yes, he told us about lifting the Inch at your gym and that lifting it the ordinary way felt too hard, but when he lifted it with a pinch grip it was easy.

By the way, about pinching Elekio plates - at the contest the other day, he suggested (with a big smile) that in the next contest we should have a new event: Farmers pinch walk with a 50 kg Eleiko plate i each hand. I wonder who would win such an event... :D

//Jim