Bent My First Double Unerhand Red

EricMilfeld

Yesterday I did my first Grade 8 after managing only a slight kink the week previous, and now, only five minutes ago, I took a Red to 70 degrees in one continuos movement, before flipping it over for the crushdown. Man am I stoked, but at the same time I'm feeling a bit let down, as I was very much looking forward to the race with Sean and Mike. Sorry guys, but I do look forward to seeing you guys battle it out! I think ya'll will get it much sooner than expected. I see now that I probably spent the last couple of weeks overtraining by hitting both hammers and bending hard, simultaneously. I guess the edge five days rest provided is a bit like a cycle of KTA.

Congrats Eric you are just a focused man that achieves what he decides to do. Next is Reverse Style or have you already slayed the Red Giant that way?

GATOR Tell the wife and kids I said hi my friend. :D

That was a quick race! Have you done it using reverse? I think bending the red using all 3 styles would be cool.

Wow Eric! that was fast, that was the shortest competition I've ever had

I didn't even get a workout in

doesn't surprise me that you got it that fast though, your the man!

that is a hell of an accomplishment and you should be proud

Thanks guys! I did my first couple of Reds ever using the reverse style to get a very minor kink, but nearly enough to qualify for what most would consider a true reverse grip bend.

Wow, that was a short race. :D

Awesome Eric. :bow

To be honest I wondered why you are struggling with the Red DU knowing you already reverse bent the Red.

So you did a lot of levering lately?

I'm doing that too, lets hope there are some similar 'side effects'. :D

Eric- you made us look like such pus@## ; just kidding

Actually, I think it is really funny that we started this race today and it ended today!

Franky, my reverse grip bend doesn't really qualify as such. It was only a very insignificant kink I achieved prior to grasping it double overhand. I've been doing the hammers three times a week for heavy singles since Spring. I've gotten much stonger with the hammers, though my numbers aren't particularly impressive. I think a lot of my recent success with DU is due to minor technique improvements and a lot of tendon strengthening.

I agree, tendon strength seems the key in DU bending.

Congrats, Eric! Great accomplishment :bow What's next?

Great job Eric! I'm hoping that focusing on the hammers and clubs will help me build the tendon strength needed to pull this feat off myself.

Great work Eric!

If you will , tell us what kind of exercises did you do to strengthen your tendons for DU?

And the winniner is Eric! :bow

Crossing the tape so quick, I feel like the race was rigged :angry: Eric lulled us into a false sense of security and then demolished us with this impressive feat. I am really laughing my ass off with this. Eric, I am really with you and was looking forward to a long drawn out battle but alas, you just PRed super quick. My hat is off to you. Mike and I will battle for the first loser. :D

-Sean

Eric,

I didn't even have time to finish debating whether or not I wanted to get in on this.

But I will get into it soon. Getting the RED DU is one of my goals.

Congrats on the bend!

:bow

Brett

Thanks again guys! Man Sean, I almost feel guilty of some sort of crime. This must seem suspicious. :shifty But I SWEAR, I was figurin' I just might have a chance of beating you guys if I could somehow get it done within the next month or so. Anyways, I look forward to watching the race continue.

Opnsysme, I laid a foundation of hammer levering, which I've been training for about six months. Other than a little thickbar and some occasional gripper work, I really didn't do any other assistance work. It's funny, but a ten pound hammer would have broken my nose when I started. I'm up to about fourteen pounds now.

Eric,

No problem, I have no reason to question your integrity so I will chalk it up to I am the loser and you are the winner, but lets think of it in another way; you can race Mike and I anyway, you to a 6" Red and Mike and I to 7". At least if size did matter then we would still be bending more metal. In this way I could say oh yeah, well mine was bigger :D and for those who have not yet figured out that in the bending world smaller is bigger :blink then I could still look good. :D

I am still motivated to bend regardless because unlike you, I have yet to conquer the Red anyway other than across my knee. :blush So it is just going to be motivation any way you stack it.

-Sean

Race? What race - you guys have been beaten to a pulp by Eric the DU Red! :blush

Congrats Eric! Excellent work.