The Claw Curl

neno

Almost every other piece of grip equipment out there has a vid of someone using it properly, but I cant find one for the claw curl. I would like to know how to use it correctly and if someone has a vid they could post it so I could compare my use of it to theres so that I know Im getting the most out of it, or if Im using it incorrectly.

neno

Here are all the ways to reach Ironmind. Try shooting them an email, Im sure theyll let you know how to use it properly.Or try to google it.

E-mail:

sales@ironmind.com

Phone: (530) 265-6725

Our hours are 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday

Fax (24/7):

(530) 265-4876

Mail: IronMind Enterprises, Inc.

P.O. Box 1228

Nevada City, CA 95959 USA

STICK YOUR FINGERS IN IT AND LIFT!! Now... how hard is that?? :dry

If you want, I can dig up a pic of me using it. :)

it would be great if you would post a pic,  :bow

O.K., will do. The pic I have is me lifting 135 pounds on it.... nothing much, but I used that weight as an example.

• 3 weeks later...
STICK YOUR FINGERS IN IT AND LIFT!!  Now... how hard is that??  :dry

If you want, I can dig up a pic of me using it.  :)

I put fingers in keeping my hand as straight as possible while holding the weight up and begin to make a fist with the sleeve on. Not sure if that's what you meant or not Syber.

I use the claw curl for climbing-training. I do curls with tree fingers (index, middle, ring). Best way is: put first join of fingers in the loops. Bend the fingers in the second join, the first join keeps flat in the loops (not move with the fingertips). The end of the movement is like hanging on a door-frame or small rung with a crimpgrip. I use the tumbs only for the last rep. In my opinion, the claw curls are very good in kombination with fingerrolls at lang bar.

I put fingers in keeping my hand as straight as possible while holding the weight up and begin to make a fist with the sleeve on.  Not sure if that's what you meant or not Syber.

Here are the pics of me using it:

Right Handed Claw Curl Lift

Left Handed Claw Curl Lift

Do you just deadlift it or actually curl the fingers?

Edited by Number Ten Ox

Do you just deadlift it or actually curl the fingers?

Think of this as an Eagle Loops with the ends closed off; so yes, it would be a deadlift. 135 pounds was nothing for me... I can and have pulled more on this.

I curl the fingers and definetly feel it working. Haven't tried Syber's way yet.

What kind of weight are you using? The more weight, the more your fingers will want to go straight on this lift.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually 50-60 for reps. I've been doing wrist curls since I was a kid. Where I roll the dumbell to the finger tips and back up. Kind of the same concept to me just with a strap instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that Eagle Loops might be better for me to do finger curls. I ordered both but got Claw Curl first. I feel with Eagle Loops I can stick fingers in just a little farther but only to about first joint from fingertip. I feel I can finger curl more effectively this way.