Double Underhand Pr...

EricMilfeld

I've recently started training DU, and today it was really clicking for me. Something must be in the air. I see that Sean Prince destroyed one only a couple of days ago, using this very wrist oriented style. Up until today, my best had been a 5.5" grd 5. I think I'll start a training log, and chart my progress as I strive towards a DU Red. It's been many months since I've been this excited about a bend, as my double overhand bending pretty much peaked out with a 5.25" FBB back in about April.

I know that the hammers laid a good foundation for DU, but I'm discovering that they are not necessary to continue progressing with this bending technique. In fact, I suspect that hitting both the hammers and DU simultaneously is too much for me. It was after putting down the hammers for about five days that I was able to make this big jump to a new PR.

Eric,

That is great news man. I am sure you will do great. If you like I would be interested in a co-log where we push each other. I would post my DU bends in this log instead of in my BLOG and that way we can motivate each other. Either way, I am glad you are also chasing the Red Double Underhand.

-Sean

I've recently started training DU, and today it was really clicking for me.  Something must be in the air.  I see that Sean Prince destroyed one only a couple of days ago, using this very wrist oriented style.  Up until today, my best had been a 5.5" grd 5.  I think I'll start a training log, and chart my progress as I strive towards a DU Red.  It's been many months since I've been this excited about a bend, as my double overhand bending pretty much peaked out with a 5.25" FBB back in about April.

I know that the hammers laid a good foundation for DU, but I'm discovering that they are not necessary to continue progressing with this bending technique.  In fact, I suspect that hitting both the hammers and DU simultaneously is too much for me.  It was after putting down the hammers for about five days that I was able to make this big jump to a new PR.

nice going eric glad to see you back and going strong :)

Eric,

That is great news man. I am sure you will do great. If you like I would be interested in a co-log where we push each other. I would post my DU bends in this log instead of in my BLOG and that way we can motivate each other. Either way, I am glad you are also chasing the Red Double Underhand.

-Sean

Sean, that would be great! I started a log in the training forum just a few minutes ago. If you want to post your workouts in the same log, I can change the title of the log to include your name, as well. But any way you want to do it is fine. How long have you been training DU?

Thanks, Dan!

Eric,

I will post my progress in your log and you can change the title if you like. I have been bending DU for a few months, but it really seems to be my only style that works, I have bad shoulders and this is just my style.

-Sean

This has been spinning around in the back of my head as well - to start bending again double underhand and get to the red.

I switched to double over when I was at the G8 before.

Great work Eric - :rock

Brett

Good job Eric, I think hitting a red DU is a world class feat and you are closing in on it. I quit at grade 8's myself with DU as it was killing my wrists, would take up to 2 weeks to recover from a bending session and my bench went way south...Much respect for anyone that can stick with it.....Brett

Oh, I'd really love to join a race against you Eric in DUing a Red.

In my latest 3 attempts I could put a slight kink in a Red double under.

But on nov 15th I will be thrown out of the race so it just makes no sense to enter for me.

Too bad. :(

But I wish you both all the best.

Brett, if you're up for it, we'd be honored to have you join us.

Mr. Kerby, extra recuperation time with DU seems to be a common thread, although I prefer the DU pain to the reverse grip pain. I have no intentions of taking up that forsaken style again. :D

Franky, what happens on November 15th? Perhaps you could get a Red by then!

Eric funny is once I started bending shortly after I met you, I only made progress with DU. What kind of rest time do you take?

Eric funny is once I started bending shortly after I met you, I only made progress with DU. What kind of rest time do you take?

I'm still experimenting, but I'll probably settle down to something like every five days or so, but hopefully I'll be able to handle more frequent workouts.

You might be one of those rare individuals that actually get better leverage with DU. If you're still bending I wouldn't give up on the DO, though. It does take a good deal of practice to get the feel of it.

Franky, what happens on November 15th?  Perhaps you could get a Red by then!

I'll get my plate removed from my upper arm. (Humerus fracture).

Then I will wait at least 3 months before I will even try to crush down a Red again.