Missing Post

mobsterone

If you want to post, post.

I don't think you will get any beggars here if that's what you are looking for.

Try bodybuilding.com for that...

Dear Wannagrip, if theres something bothring you please don't give me a hardtime. There is a post, still on your lists, put there by Joe Roark. He specifically asked if David or I would put up news and info and included something about the bell. I have also had an email about it. If you yourself don't care fair enough but it is a feat of grip strength and I presumed that there might be a couple of people here with a passing interest in grip strength related posts...

That's fine. Post it then.  If you want to post, post.  I don't care either way.  But, to sit and wait for people to respond with "post it...pretty please" is a waste of everyone's time (yours included) and a waste of this board's space.  Thanks.

I didn't. I said I will as I knew people wanted to know but was genuinely tired having been up to the early hours.

Anyway heres the bit a few people (wanna not included) asked for...

Once again we had managed to struggle through some entertain, some detailed and some l-o-n-g but deserving speeches and arrived at what can be for us guests the highlight of the evening. Awards come once in as blue moon (both myself and John having been fortunate) but the chance to mingle and have fun is ever annual.

We had been worried, such as it is, when young Goliath (as JF is apt to say) Chris James had stated that he may well be interested in lifting the Inch above his head with the one hand.

As some of you are aware Chris has succeeded in doing so with the Inch a short while back and in the same style wanted to do this with the 56-pound heavier Millennium Challenge bell. Our fear was that losing your grip on a 172-pounder would have been bad enough but it might be possible to catch that. To catch a 228-pound bell is, we suspect, another thing entirely. In and of itself it could well become a new feat of strength!

Anyway with cameras clicking and video-men keeping busy Chris asked Steve or anyone lese present wanted to 'have a go' while he warmed up. Perhaps he, all 21 stone of him, didn't want to feel too self-concious?? That said and in spite of not especially preparing for the lift SG had a go and as with last years effort managed to get one end off the floor.

Meanwhile Chris could be seen stretching and warming up and ended up using - if that’s the right phrase - his 154 pound father to warm up. How might you ask? - by pressing him over-head that’s all. As you do…!! One suspects that Chris never had too many problems with curfews Ha!

As with the inch Chris two handed the bell very easily up the body and tried to settle the bell on his right shoulder. Attempting what might loosely be described as a bent press he quickly jerked it away from the Delts. Unfortunately he only managed a few inches of upwards movement before the balance once again unsettled him.

Steve had a quick word with him thinking, like with the Inch, that failure would drive him on for more effort. Chris had another go but admitted defeat, at least for this year. With a Welsh Strongest man competition just 12 hours away at the time and being qualified meaning a possible place in Britain's strongest man he had more at stake than possible success with the big bell.

I know its not much  ;)

Steve,

If Chris had a Millennium bell to train with, he

would put it overhead, I suspect.

Did he two hand clean it non-stop to the shoulder?

What a feat in itself!

You did not mention an Inch replica, so I assume there

was not one there for Chris to try? Does Chris have a

solid chance at one hand cleaning the Inch replica, in

your opinion?

Thanks for the info, though I was hoping he would

succeed with the Mill bell.

No replica as I do beleive Pullums never sold one. At £540.00 (if we brought three) and £600.00 (for one unit) you can see why we had our bell made. The intial four costs a little over £1100.

I suspect that yes if Chris trained he could one hand clean it. But I have seen him always two hand such weights. Both Chris, Alan - as in the pictures in the Gallery - and the other guy on Saturday two hand cleaned the bell in one fluid movement. Chris's 2nd effort being the easist looking. My hands are bigger and my fingers broader - we compared on Saturday (quick question - whats the most accurate way to measure hands sizes?). Alan Radley seems most likely to one hand clean the Inch before Chris, but Chris the most likely to get the bigger bell overhead one handed.

Not mentioned in the report is the amount of skin I took off my hips carrying the bell down to my brothers car and back up again afterwards. I use a chain around my hips and did not put a towel around. The chain was right on the hip bone, where the skins is thin, and boy does it smart!  :0

mob,

How long has Chris James been training to lift the Inch?  I know he's durn close, and it's only a matter of time for him.  As for me, 136 pounds on my PDA Inch first time (please don't laugh... hey, you're laughing - stop it).  I am training to try and lift the Inch.  It'll be a long time for me though.  Tell Chris I said good luck; I hope he does it soon!  :)  :)

With guys like Chris - loads of natural raw talent, huge strength etc - I suspect that they do not train for lifts in the way most on this board do. Most here, myself included, allow a lift to get under our skin and become half (at least training wise) obsessed with doing it.

There's another post on Mark Henry cleaning the Inch replica which probably best illustrates this. Why hasn't a 294 lbs (400+ in Marks case) thick wristed and heavy boned strength athlete done what a 250+ (myself and Alan Radley) athlete done? Because they haven't done whats needed but relied on their natural or otherwise strength.

Chris has I beleive the ability but of late will have been doing competition training (he was injured Sunday and I'm hoping it wasn't because of my bell) for the Welsh Strongest man comp.

Guest 115-1005574997

so is chris out of the welsh strongman contest and we wont be seeing him in the Britains strongest man?  That would be a huge shame :(

It would. As a all time natural (as in never ever) and having some great gym lifts and (yes theres more he he) having equalled or bettered some of the old timers lifts its a great shame that he hasn't had a more public stage on which to prove his ability.

Guest 115-1005574997

maybe some people dont crave the lime light and are just happy lifting for personal satisfaction instead of peer accolades? ???

Possibly but if that was the case with Chris why bother with any big Strongman comps - just a thought...