Reverse Style Strangeness

Justin Reagan

I did a few TT's and a 6" G2 with the reverse style today, and I noticed something strange. No matter which position I put my hands, the right hand always does the moving, while the left does the anchoring. If I put my left hand in front, it anchors the nail while my right hand pushes. If I put my right hand in front, my left hand anchors and my right hand pulls. I actually feel just as strong either way. I just can't seem to make my hands work the same way in both positions. Anybody have any comments/suggestions? It's not that big a deal, as my main style is DU anyway, but I just thought it was kind of weird.

Justin Reagan

Same is true for me until the stock gets hard to bend for me using reverse style.

Then I really do have to pull with the holding hand to get any movement into the bar and then the bending suddenly feels very similar as in DU (at least for the lower hand).

If the bar is 'easy enough' I often jush 'push' with the upper hand, however if I force myself to really use the other hand the bend gets much easier.

Maybe try levering to see if you have deficits in the ulnar flexion of your left and if so, work on them.