My 13 Year-old Son Lifting 25lb Block By Face

gottabend

My 13 year-old son Brandon has caught the wide pinch bug from watching dad. :-)

I snapped a couple of quick pictures of him with his 25 pounders last night. Sorry the first is blurry. My bad. For those of you who are old enough to remember who she is, I shake like Kathryn Hepburn.

I've seen him lift my 40lb hex from the ground right-handed. Will try to get him to do it again so I can snap a shot. If he keeps this up...

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=3226

Edited by gottabend

:blink 40lb hex at 13!!!! :blink

lets hear it for genetics!!

keep him at it, dont let him hurt himself! Encourage him to get a summer job as a stonemason : )

~Steve

Edited by Revtor

I can see, a next generation "Dave Morton"on the horizon.

Ya gotta love it when the kids get bit by the gripping bug!! :laugh:bow

Maybe he can break the youngest COC record..it was set by someone 14 years old...

Maybe he can break the youngest COC record..it was set by someone 14 years old...

It was set by Mike Sanderson, who goes by the moniker of guitargrip on this forum.

Anyone know what the pinch record is for a 14 year old?

Good question. I think that Richard Sorin might hold that record; although the exact poundage that he used is unknown to me.

At 12 I made a 400lb deadlift,also pinched at the same time a pair if 35s right and 25s left as shown in a pic on our website. The deadlift as I vividly remember was the day before my 13th birthday and I had tried it so many times I was crying from anger as a I finally made it!I guess the Iron Bug bit me early.....RS

400 lbs at 12! No wonder you posess the grip that you do. Astounding.

Richard, when was it that you first conceived the Blob and set about cutting the head off of your first York? I've been asked several times.

Thanks.

The blob was conceived in the early 80s I would think 81 or 82.It took me quite a while to lift it. This was about the time I started my hub and anvil lifting as well,I also ran across a picture of a 2" V bar stacked and ready to go with the Blob in the foreground. RS