Almost getting a #2 on her first attempt

Guest StrongerthanArne

Guest StrongerthanArne

Arne Persson just told me of a woman who had her first try ever with grippers. We knew she was very strong but were still surprised by her performance. She closed a IM #1 and got to within 3-4 mm of closing a hard IM #2 (the hardest of four #2's that I have tried). Watch out Elizabeth!

Well done!

Tell Arne to bring her over with him to the Grip champs. Elizabeth would love it!

David

Guest StrongerthanArne

David,

I doubt she could do that. She has a small baby to take care of. Some of her other feats of strength include 135 k i bench in competition. She competed once in Swedens strongest woman and won.

Mikael,

I understand, shame though. Give her my best regards. Tell you what we could do; we could have a postal competition between the two of them, with three events chosen by Elizabeth and three chosen by her. What do you think? We can sort out all the details, I know Elizabeth would be up for it. What's her name? Because when Elizabeth competed in the Strongest woman contest in Callander there was a Swedish strongwoman in it.

David

Guest StrongerthanArne

Arne can ask her if she would be interested. Her name is Anna Rosén (her husband is a good bench presser with a max around 300 k). She is likely to start doing some training with grippers as her husband is going to buy grippers after having tried them for the first time at Arne's place yesterday.

Mikael,

Please congratulate Anna for me. It's great to know that there are other women out there interested in grip training and capable of doing well. She should get the #2 fairly soon, and I hope she realises just what an achievement it is!

Do you know if Anna is interested in any other grip events?

Elizabeth