Captains Of Crush Vs. Heavy Grippers

Eggiehead

I did a breakdown of coc grippers vs heavy grippers this is what I found, let me know if anyone had different results:

HG 100

COC 1

HG 150-- HG 150 & HG 200 NEAR IDENTICAL

HG 200

COC 2--- COC 2 & HG 250 NEAR IDENTICAL

HG 250

HG 300--- HG 300 & COC 3 NEAR IDENTICAL

COC 3

COC 4

What do you guys think? :blink

Unless you have some mutant or old HG250s and HG300s, they are usually not very close to a #2 and #3 respectively. The new HG300s are usually quite a bit easier than most #3s. Same for the new HG250s and the #2.

I would agree with Ben, though I have seen some new ones that are close. I picked the hardest 250 and 300 out of like 10 I could find, and they were pretty close to the 2 and 3 level respectively.

I have 2 HG300's. The newer one (black spring) is far easier than a 3 (about 2.3-2.5) whereas the older one is a little more like a 2.5-2.7.

My HG300 from last Christmas is easier then my 2 year old #3. Like a 2.5

I had a hg250 that was #2 level that I bought earlier this year. The HG grippers vary all over the map. Trying to purchase one of a certain difficulty is a total crap shoot.

Just got a HG300 over the weekend. Its slightly easier than my #3 but then again it has not been seasoned as yet, so expect it to fall in the range of a 2.5 approx. At present it is more like a 2.85-2.9, this one also has a black spring.

at time of purchase I tried another demo that was in store. They felt identical. Maybe it was a toughy left around to be squeezed?!?!

I think that its a decent stepping stone to a #3 ( seasoning aside)

Rydini And The Mightly Talons Of Doom

I had a hg250 that was #2 level that I bought earlier this year.  The HG grippers vary all over the map.  Trying to purchase one of a certain difficulty is a total crap shoot.

My HG's are older, but the 250 is about a 2.3 and the 300 is a VERY narrow 2.8-2.9

John

I have 05 HG's and COC's.My hg100 was easier than the trainer,200 is easier than the #1,250 feels like a 1.5,#2 seems to be a standard 2,300 is 2.7 imo#3 is brick"to me at least"

I have a HG250 which I would rate at 2.2

That must be a very old original one ..the new ones are way less than a 2 after seasoning.

Paul, the HG250 I had that was about #2 difficulty (I'd say between my 2 #2's) was one of the new ones and seasoned pretty well.

The Heavy Grips are all over the map. It's not a bad thing, you just need to expect it when purchasing them. One of the trade offs of the lower price is reduced consistency.