Third Strike

George Champlin

I am using a slow dialup connection, so I couldn't see the whole video. An observation, and a few suggestions:

- somehow it strikes me that you are using your fingers too much. Try to get it locked into your hand, grasping it with the first two fingers and pushed against your hand

Suggestions:

- make about a dozen attempts at getting the position right as you proceed to the final "big push"

- do isometrics, like you are doing, for several days in a row, as much as your wrists can stand. I did this one week when I was working towards the blue. For several days, I couldn't budge it, then finally I got it. It make take hundreds of attempts before the nail finally falls.

- switch styles (use an easier nail) and practice reverse/alternating grip for several weeks to get your wrists stronger. Even though I have accomplished some of my goals with DO technique (I have recently bent several hard 60ds, after getting to the blue nail a couple of months ago), I still think I have a very long way to go in developing my wrist strength. Reverse grip and DO at waist level seem to be better ways to do this.

Don't give up!

Glenn

Have you watched my vid?

Have you watched my vid?

Yes and I know its my form still. I am just so determined to bend it. I think i am going too fast in my progression of nails

So you see the difference, then.

The position of the bar is good. At least in the start, later its getting bad.

Its all in your wrists.

Place the nails end in the crease of your thumb pad.

Lean a bit over the nail and not back.

Then focus on pushing into the nail and NOT on bending it using your wrists as you are still doing.

As I already recommended, try as shorter Yellow since its not that challenging then.

Good luck.

one thing I noticed is at the first when you were your freshest, you seem to be bending into your chest and not on the proverbial "slightly away from your body" angle. also that kink you had probably came from the initail try.

I got stuck with this as well, I gave up after 3-4 secs of non-movement and ended up with alot of bars like yours, I had to really focus on a big explosion with increasing pressue "into the ends of the bar" for more than 3-4 secs.

not trying to cut you up, just sharing some tips that may help you.