Pennsylvania Strongest Man

Steve Mac

Jedd, Smitty, anybody from Diesel...are you guys going to set up at the contest again this year? Hope to see you there I think I've made some good grip gains these last 6 months.

Steve,

We won't be making the trip this time unfortunately. Its just not in the cards unfortunately. believe me I would have loved to have been there for it, but can't make it.

We will meet up again, buddy.

-Jedd-

Steve,

We won't be making the trip this time unfortunately.  Its just not in the cards unfortunately.  believe me I would have loved to have been there for it, but can't make it.

We will meet up again, buddy.

-Jedd-

Ahhh, that just sucks bro. Oh well, catch up with you next time. By that time I'll be grinding those #3's into molecular particles !!! lol

Anybody else on here compete at this? This was my first comp, and man did I have a blast :D

This was my first competition and I gotta say I had a blast. I've only been seriously lifting since January, so to compete in only 10 months is pretty cool. I did surprisingly well despite initially being hesitant to try, but once I decided to do it it was all the way! :mosher

I ended up placing 3rd in the novice lightweight division, which was pretty awesome. Here's how the competition went from what I can remember:

LOG PRESS: 180LBS, MAX REPS IN ONE MINUTE

I cleaned this sucker easily but fighting to get it up was tough. I tried one or two times to get it up but it wasn't budging. I put it down to try to clean it again and couldn't get it :angry: This was my first time using a log and I gotta say, it's a helluva lot harder than using a simple barbell. It's now on the top of my priority list to get one of Lance's 10" logs from BruteStrength.

FARMER'S WALK: 180LBS EACH HAND, 50FT UP, 180 DEGREE TURN, 50FT BACK

I stomped this one fairly easily, finishing the entire circuit in about 26 seconds or so. My grip was solid all throughout, no worries. This was only my second time touching 180, so I was surprised how well I did.

TIRE FLIPPING: 500LB TIRE FOR 90FT

I finished this event in about 58 seconds or so if I remember right, not the fastest out there but not the slowest either. Some of these guys were real quick with their tires, hopefully next time I'll have a lot more time to work out with one to get used to it. I'm thinking I'll get a 700lb tire so that way the 500 will feel like nothing.

325LB DEADLIFT: MAX REPS IN ONE MINUTE

Did poorly in this one, I only managed to get eight I was the second person to go, so I didn't know you could bounce instead of going to a dead stop like I was. The two guys in front of me both used straps, whereas I just used my grip so maybe next time I'll try some straps. Not bad though for recovering from a lower back injury from a few months ago (work-related).

KEG RACE: FIVE KEGS, 170LBS EACH, FOR 30FT

Took me about 45 or so seconds, can't remember the exact time now. I went a lot faster than I thought I would, and they felt a lot lighter considering the one I normally work out with is 5lbs more. That last one was a killer though :laugh

Some of the pictures of the battle:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27321514254.jpg&s=x2

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27321524097.jpg&s=x2

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27321533176.jpg&s=x2

There's a video, too. I competed with Max (Diesel Weasel) who came down from NYC to compete. He has a video up of him doing all the events. I'm competing against him in the farmer's and the keg race.

http://media.putfile.com/max_2005strongestPA

I've got the bug big-time now, so I definitely want to find more contests within my area than just Strongest Man in Pittsburgh and PA.