Grip Meeting - 10/1/2005

smitty

In the interest of directing the discussion and streamlining productivity (we want to eliminate a free for all). I have created a Meeting Agenda to guide our discussion. Please send me updates to the agenda (in addition to what is currently there) - with the knowledge that the meeting will not last for many, many hours. So your agenda item - might not be discussed until next meeting.

Thank you all...

http://www.dieselcrew.com/articles/GripFed...-10-01-2005.doc

Are we going to put a time limit on the meeting? Or will we go until the agenda above is completed?

Which time are we adopting?

0600 Pacific US

0900 Eastern US

1400 London

1500 Berlin/Stockholm

2100 Perth

or

San Francisco Sat 09:00

Philadelphia Sat 12:00

London Sat 17:00

Berlin Sat 18:00

Stockholm Sat 18:00

Perth Sun 00:00

Need to know. We can't please everyone, and there will be other meetings each month which we can alternate the times. This saturday I will not be able to make the 14.00 time. But that doesn't matter, it's what the overall wants that is important. Just like the meetings, they should be done on a voting system.

Hope to be there, if not have fun,

David

I can do either, but would prefer the 0900 Eastern US option.

Just like the meetings, they should be done on a voting system.

I see a very obvious problem with having votings based on the currently invited people. There is a majority of US organizers invited to participate.

If you want, for example, the FFBC v-bar replica to replace the LGC v-bar as official standard (or a US made pinch device to replace the Euro pinch standard), you could easily out-vote the Europeans.

For these votings to be recognised by the European grip community (other than David Horne) I strongly suspect that the Europeans would like to see an equal number of Europeans voting.

I would suggest that for each voting there has to be an equal number of US and Europeans voting. Otherwise, this will simply not work.

Mikael,

The meeting tomorrow is to establish concrete Action Items to bring forward. The attendees definitely don't make us a balanced representation.

We will establish Action Items and then create polls and/ or distribution lists consisting of email addresses to send the call for a vote to those are going to be required to decide.

I am relieved to hear that. I would also like to see participation from Switzerland (David Hurzeler), Germany (anyone?) and Australia (Arthur Antonopoulos) in this and/or future meetings.

No we won't have everyone at every meeting. In fact I won't be at this one. But I will view everything after the meeting.

David

I've been thinking about it and although I would like to be kept abreast of the discussions, there is not a lot of reason for me to be a contributing member of the discussion since I have never promoted a contest before. I do plan to host a grip contest on December 10th and will go along with whatever you guys decide as far as rules and regulations. Thanks.

Smitty took minutes.

He and I spent 8 hours in the garage, doing errands for it, cleaning and fixing it up after the meeting, so he may not have gotten to the minutes yet.

-Jedd-