Two Questions.

Mr.Moose

I've been bending for about 2,5 months. Started with 5/16 HRS for about week and a half, then one month with 1/4" HRS and now I've worked my way down (up) to a 5" piece @ 6MM CRS. Bending every 4 days cutting 1/4" of the bars every workout + some more easier bends after the PR.

1. All you more experianced benders out there, when did you start to plateau in your gains? So far I've set PRs in every workout :D but that can't go on forever. :cry

2. I'm going to buy some 7 mm CRS, what length should I cut it so it's equivalent to a 5" @ 6mm? Any math wizards out there? Don't want to waste any steel on "trial and error".

Claes

1) After 18 months of bending I started to plateau. But keep in mind that with me, personally, much of my improvement was due to technique improvements over the course of many months of trial and error. Also, I had already developed a very good base of hand and upper body strength with grippers, pinching, deadlifts, benches, etc. The former factors served to lengthen the period of time in which I was making almost non-stop gains. The latter served to shorten that time period.

2) Actually, trial and error would be best for determining this length. But cut a piece to 5.5" and giver her a go.

Thanks Eric.

If I progress half as long as you did I still have half a year with continous gains, RED might be in sight? :whistel

Time will tell.

Thanks again

Claes