Rick Walker

Bob Lipinski

Rick, if you want to trade for a little while I have a well seasoned #3 that you can use, maybe we can swap grippers. I wouldn't mind taking a crack at a "hard" three.

The only gripper I happen to have access to more than one of is the #2. My father in laws #2 seems more like a 1.5, as it is midway in difficulty between my 1 and 2. I also think I may have a "hard" 2, as the handles are 1/4 inch farther apart than on my 3.

I have also closed one other #3 before, though I couldn't tell if it was much harder. I struck up a conversation with another powerlifter in the gym a few years ago, and it turned out he had a full set of grippers his gym bag. Since I was training the COC's hard at the time, I couldn't refuse an opportunity to show off, so I closed it. Of course, with my manhood at stake :)  the gripper seemed pretty easy.

Rick, I've also noticed you're another fellow powerlifter. What weight class and feds do you compete in?

Bob-

The correct word is "was" a fellow powerlifter.  I think I am going to hang it up in pursuit of other things.  I want to lower my bodyfat (currently 16.5%) and increase my cardiovascular and muscle size and, of course, destroy the #3 COC.

I tried riding my new mountain bike last week and was winded as all heck after less then a mile.  I used to be able to ride for ever.  This woke me up that I am out of shape.  I have no muscular endurance what so ever.

I have competed in the 165, 198, 220, and 242 class in the USAPL, ADAU, and IPA.  I am currently about 225-230.

I still train heavy-rep range of 3-6-but I don't think I will compete again.  I just don't feel healthy.

Anyway-I might want to exchange grippers some time down the road.  I will keep you posted-

Rick Walker  :hehe

raw: 550 squat, 365 bench, 635 deadlift

Equiped: 650 squat, 405 bench, 635 dead

I think I was real close to a 700 squat back in November, I hurt my knee just before the IPA Nationals in Ohio, (one suit leg was too long and it pulled my knee in-I fell with 600 on my back directly onto my knee) I was going to try and go 700, 450, 700 at 220.

My last meet was September 2000, in the ADAU.  It was 7 months after my heart surgery.

I should have some squatting pics on my site ASAP!

Rick Walker :hehe

You are a given to close the 3 Rick.

I fully believe anyone who can do some decent #'s in the 3 powerlifts can close a 3 with some effort and determination.