MY GRIPPER!!!!!

Rick Walker

I was on my way out tonight, and I happened to notice a FedEx sticker on my neighbors camp about a quarter mile down the road.  I thought to myself-Hmmmmmmm.  So I went around back, and there sat a box from PDA :D  :D  :D  :D !  My gripper had arrived!

It is a 323.  Now the bad/good news:

I opened the box in the car and positioned it in my hand and squeezed.  Clink-the handles mashed together.  My wife looked at me, I looked at her.  Left hand-clink-the handles mashed together again.  Again looks.  I then, while driving, did 10 consecutive reps with each hand, all touching.  We were confused.

"I thought that was harder then the #2" she finally said.  I just shook my head in amazement.

SO, my theory was correct.  I have MONSTER COCS!!!  It was way easier then my darn #2 COC.  WAY EASIER!  So, my #3 must be a heck of a beast.  I AM HAPPY!! :D  :D  :D   All this time, I just thought I was weak

Tomorrow I call John at PDA to send the 323 back and get a 380 or higher.  I will get some good photos of the 323 touching with each hand and post them as soon as I can.

Ahhhhh, the power of grip-

Rick Walker

:hehe

Rick.... glad you got your gripper!!  325 is low, and my #3's are rated 370 and above.  Get something close to 400 and you WON'T be disappointed!!   :D

Syber-

I just talked to John at PDA.  I am sending the 323 back and getting a 387.  I want something harder then my #2 but easier then the #3 to train for the #3.  I truly believe i could mash a 370 #3 right now-mine is much, much harder then that-it must be over 400.

Rick Walker

:hehe

You may have hard CoC's, or you may have a puss of a 325.  StrongerthanArne has a 338 that is easier than any #2 he has tried.  Terminator has a 295 that I bet money would stop some CoC's.  I have tried it, it is a monster.  Hopefully, the 387 will be a better fit.

I have a 325 which is a beast, almost as close as my #3. And i'm sure my #3 is nowhere close to 325. All that calibrating is not as accurate as we first tought. I'll receive a 309 soon and I'll compare it to my 325.

Guest Euclid

Wow, this is inspiring.  I keep beating myself up because my #2 is such a beast and I can't finish the close.  I've got a PDA 333 on the way which I hoped would be between a #2 and #3.  If my PDA ends up being weaker than my #2 I guess I won't feel quite so weak.

I had all my grippers calibrated, since I wanted to know EXACTLY where I was in relation to everyone else in terms of grip strength.

I guess the greatest surprise of all was the gripper that I got certified on.  At parallel it's a measley 173, at closure it's 411.  Explain that one to me.  My other #3's all had parallel's well over 200.

I seemed to have done well with my selection of a PDA 361.  It is as expected, between the Master and the #3.  After I did my strapholds yesterday I closed the Master easily, then got the handles of the 361 to 1/8".  Then I got the handles of the #3 to 3/16".  As far as my other grippers being weak/hard, I think I know about where they all stand.  I own three #2's (two modified now) and have had another in my possession for awhile.  I've also closed about five #2's up at York, so I sort of know what an "average" one feels like.  The same thing for the #3, I have 4, including an old monster, a "mid-range" and two "easier" ones.   If I only had one #2 and one #3 I would be lost!

What Heath said is very true.  It's real difficult to compare based on a number alone.  I wouldn't assume you've got some monster #3 right off the bat.

Hey Snott, have you been able to close the other #3's with the higher parallel readings?  Just curious.