Has Anybody Tried Heavy Handles From Heavy Grips?

philthy

I just ordered a pair of 2" thick heavy handles(by the same company that makes heavy grips) I was wondering if anybody has tried them. I picked them up cheap because they are slightly used, i'll let you know how they seem when i get them.

I have played around with them- Heavy Grips sponsors the competitions I run. I wanted to keep one, but I ended up giving them all away because the other guys wanted them.

When I get another pair, I want to try seriously working on the hammer curls with the plate leverage far away- Might help some of my levering stuff.

I just got them the other day, they seem well built... i'm really surprised how heavy each one is without any weight on it. I'm looking forward to training with them this week.

I was playing with them today at my house with the little bit of plate weights i have, they seemed to work decent as like a kb.... the thick handle and the wait out in front definitely made the weight seem like 4x harder than a normal dumbell of the same weight..

At this point I prolly shoulda just let Bob keep the Heavy Handle since I haven't used it since he let me have it as a prize at the Michigan Grip contest.

However it looks like I will shortly be moving into a new house that includes a large 3 car garage that will become my own personal training center and I promise I'll make proper use of it there.

I really liked the 2" HH btw. It seemed like a good way to hit wrist, grip and biceps in one easy movement and because of the leverages even small weights felt pretty difficult on it.

Edited by Incindium

I won one at the mi grip champs, I like it a lot and find it to be pretty versitile. Right now i'm using it for finger lifts but there's alot of good uses for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my 2 HH 2" and I think that they are one of the best training tool out there. You can change your angles and place weight at different spots that I really am pleased with them. So much so that I ordered 2 of the 1" for my wife to use.

I have had my 2 HH 2" and I think that they are one of the best training tool out there.  You can change your angles and place weight at different spots that I really am pleased with them.  So much so that I ordered 2 of the 1" for my wife to use.

Yea I totally agree their great, i have been using it for all kinds of things, levering, kettlebell swings, one hand deadlifts/holds

It's funny everyone of my friends who tries them is like "dude I have to get a set of these, how much were they and where did you get them?" lol

I have had my 2 HH 2" and I think that they are one of the best training tool out there.  You can change your angles and place weight at different spots that I really am pleased with them.  So much so that I ordered 2 of the 1" for my wife to use.

Yea I totally agree their great, i have been using it for all kinds of things, levering, kettlebell swings, one hand deadlifts/holds

It's funny everyone of my friends who tries them is like "dude I have to get a set of these, how much were they and where did you get them?" lol

The best thing is they are inexpensive but well built and solid! I suggest that you buy two for the best workout