Champion Of Champions Contest

FrankyBoy

I'm interesting in what others think will happen at Davids contest.

My predictions are:

Grippers: if available, a SH with an average Elite

Pinch: 110-115kg (242lb-253lb)

vbar: 170-180kg (374lb-396lb)

thumbless OHDL: 125-135kg (275lb-297lb)

Lever: 9-10kg (20lb-22lb)

What do you think?

Grippers: if available, a SH with an average Elite- seems good

Two hand pinch: 110-115kg (as before - good)

V-bar: 170-180kg (agreed)

Thumbless OHDL: 130-140kg and maybe, just maybe a little more

Lever: 10-12kg

WOW! Just Wow.

Seems mad I know but we have, as per a chat I had earlier, three to four guys who have hit close to or more than 100-kilo / 220lbs pinches. There will be 4-5 who can V-bar more than 150-kilos. I suspect the top four will all pull around 120-135-kilos on the super spinning o'bar we'll be using. We have a bunch of guys who are CoC's and I am told I am the fave on the lever and feel 12+ kilos is possible. So...

Way to strong numbers for me...I am glad that I am not competing. Good luck to all :rock This will be a excellent competition :mosher

Considering that this is a comp, hands will be getting more tired as the day goes on and the fact that people will be more worried about points than going for crazy weights just to get a record, I think that the following is more realistic:

Grippers: Super Elite Right, average Elite left

Two hand pinch: 105-110kg

V-bar: 160-170kg

Thumbless OHDL: 120-125kg

Lever: 9-10kg

Chad,

We shall see. My main goal is to gain as many points and do the best I can in the comp. If a record comes along so be it, maybe the Pinch record will fall? I think it will be down to Jim to take the V-bar record, he is super strong in this movement. But it will also be great to see Big Steve in action, and an honour to go against the big guy!

David

Jim,

That sounds about right, except I think the grippers might be a little lower, as holding the weight in that slippy shoelace for 10 secs is tough, and since it's the last event, well....

Of course we shall see.

Considering that this is a comp, hands will be getting more tired as the day goes on and the fact that people will be more worried about points than going for crazy weights just to get a record, I think that the following is more realistic:

Grippers:  Super Elite Right, average Elite left

Well I would be extremely impressed if anyone in the world would be able to do a straphold with an Elite, with their non-dominant hand, at the end of a long competition (grippers being the fifth and last event). In fact, I would be very impressed if it is done with a #3 (lefty that is).

Grippers:  Super Elite Right, average Elite left

Well I would be extremely impressed if anyone in the world would be able to do a straphold with an Elite, with their non-dominant hand, at the end of a long competition (grippers being the fifth and last event). In fact, I would be very impressed if it is done with a #3 (lefty that is).

Your normally good at guessing the outcome, odds and weights. Give us an indiaction on what you see happening.

Your normally good at guessing the outcome, odds and weights. Give us an indiaction on what you see happening.

Hard to tell at this stage. It depends on the formula coefficients used for the competition.

Steve is very strong in grippers I believe and would gain many points here. However, as the gripper event no longer follows the European standard, for which a formula exists, a new formula would have to be calculated as weaker, lower scoring grippers, will be closed.

If the old formula is used, it would be a good way to neutralize Steve's crushing power to some extent I suppose. :D

Let's say Steve would be able to close a 3.9 gripper righty and a 3.4 gripper lefty with the Euro rules. He would then get 15.53 (coefficient for the Euro) x 7.3 = 113.4p. With strapholds he may get let's say 85 per cent of this or 96.4p. If the other competitors are loosing about 15 per cent as well, Steve's margin to David Horne for example would only be 85 per cent of what it would be with Euro rules. In other words, being strong in grippers (if the old coefficient is used) would not pay off to the same extent it would in the other four events.

So until we know the coefficients it is hard to say.

Super Elite ain't getting closed in that format. That would be beastly! Numbers look good and records should fall. I just want to pr in everything I do. That would make my day. :D