Climbing Strength Video

Gene

Thats awesome man. I have a friend who climbs and Ive got him hooked on grip training now.

At norope.com check out the video competition. The winner is "Hueco, by Andrew Root." That's me climbing. I'm the one with my shirt off most of the time. My friends and I shot the video and Andrew edited it. Thank you, thank you very much.

Yeah, we spent a lot of time with some Parisian climbers who suggested that it might go well with our video. Can't remember the name off the top of my head but I could find out if you like.

The same guy who gave us the music is the only guy who could close a # 2 first try no set btw. Very strong water in France apparently...

That makes me want to do some climbing. Would be great for working on the one arm pullup and my finger tip strength which I am trying to bring up.

The same guy who gave us the music is the only guy who could close a # 2 first try no set btw.  Very strong water in France apparently...

actually I think I would like that. Thanks

So what are the best two exercises to carry over to climbing ya think?? Besides actually climbing. Obviously these guys are fit and have total full body strength, but focusing on the lower arms. .

judging by the video, there are alot of open palm, friction type looking holds (slopers) so strong wrists are key (plate curls)

and I guess you need steel fingertips plain and simple. Campus boards and pullups on door molding aside. Maybe wide pinch to work the tippy tips?

plate curls and wide pinch? Anyone else?

~Steve

• 2 years later...

Yeah I think you're right actually. I have been using my hangboard and block weights and when I go bouldering once a week I feel STRONG, which is not usual unless I am bouldering everyday.

Funny to see this video again two years later haha.