When Is The Next Grip Contest

pdoire

I want to train for a comp that is at least a few months away and then try to compete regularly. Any ideas when the next contests are in the Northeast area?

Call Murph at 1-877-387-5998 (Toll Free U.S. / Canada)

Is he a grip event organizer, Smitty? or does he have an event coming up? Thanks

Soil, maybe we should put some thought into attempting to organize something for the new year??

Edited by pdoire

Is he a grip event organizer, Smitty? or does he have an event coming up? Thanks

Soil, maybe we should put some thought into attempting to organize something for the new year??

I'm guessing he means CJ at Total Performance Sports in Everett, Mass. I remember they had a grip contest last year in Feb, mostly thickbar stuff as I recall. I didn't go though.

Paul, yeah that would be cool if we put something together, even if it was small.

I'm guessing he means CJ at Total Performance Sports in Everett, Mass. I remember they had a grip contest last year in Feb, mostly thickbar stuff as I recall. I didn't go though.

Paul, yeah that would be cool if we put something together, even if it was small.

I'd be there if you guys put something together. Just so long as I can get there via public transportation from Boston. Let me know.

I'd do miserably, but I'd still go to have fun

So would I, but after actually going to the GGC I don't really care anymore how I would do.

Contact either CJ Murphy or Dave Memott (Mee-Mott).

They might do it again - you never know. If they do, I'd go.

-Jedd-

Any word yet?

MURPH SAID HE WOULD TALK TO HIS GUYS AND GET BACK TO ME/US. WORST CASE SCENARIO I AM WILLING TO HAVE A BUNCH OF GRIPSTERS OVER FOR A CONTEST / BBQ/ GOOD TIME. MY HOME WOULDN'T BE THE MOST OFFICIAL CONTEST SITE IMAGINABLE BUT IT WOULDN'T BE THE WORST. I HAVE ALL THE TOOLS FOR A BASIC CONTEST.

LETS MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN...

BRUNO

Could we set it up for a month or two down the road. Maybe we can decide what the events will be so we can train for them. I know I havent ever tried a v-bar and that kind of stuff but I could at least practice a bit before hand.

Whats the soonest everyone would want to have something? Also Bruno where are you located?

Dude,

If it's the TPS contest, I think it would be in Feb. '06. Hopefully that would be indoors. :D Of course, I'm down for a get-together before then.

Feb would work fine. I think that would give everyone enough time to practice and stuff. Anyone have an idea about events?

Could we set it up for a month or two down the road. Maybe we can decide what the events will be so we can train for them. I know I havent ever tried a v-bar and that kind of stuff but I could at least practice a bit before hand.

Whats the soonest everyone would want to have something? Also Bruno where are you located?

IM IN DANVERS MASSACHUSETTS. IM SURE MURPH AND THE GUYS AT TPS WILL HOST SOMETHING. TPS IS IN EVERET MA AND THE CONTEST WAS INDOORS LAST YEAR. TPS IS A FULLY EQUIPED STRONGMAN GYM. THE EVENTS LAST YEAR WHERE AS FOLLOW

1. VBAR TO FULL LOCKOUT

2. ROLLING THUNDER

3. ON HAND PINCH

4. ONE HAND DEADLIFT ON A 3 INCH BAR

5. GRIPPERS (YUP GRIPPERS LAST)

IT WAS A GREAT TIME. ILL POST ANY INFO...

BRUNO

I'd like to see just three events...very specific ones.

Maybe grippers, one hand pinch and one other. I think RT and One handed thickbar deadlift is a little redundant.

I like the V-bar idea...and maybe some blob for wide pinch?

Your thoughts?

Sledging is an option and becoming more and more popular also.

I'd like to see just three events...very specific ones.

Maybe grippers, one hand pinch and one other. I think RT and One handed thickbar deadlift is a little redundant.

I like the V-bar idea...and maybe some blob for wide pinch?

Your thoughts?

I agree, I think grippers, vbar, one or two hand pinch, RT, blobs, and sledge. Maybe bending if anyone is interested.