International Grip Meeting

David Horne

International Grip meeting

Saturday 1st Oct, 2005

What time? How about 22.00hrs GMT, that would be 17.00hrs East side USA, and about 10.00hrs Australia?

Also can we please have a list of ideas put on here by the relevant people, preferably numbered so that we can go through them.

Best to leave the debating of these questions till the day if you can.

David

I am not a relevant person, but as a competitor I have a question about the leverage event in the champ of champs comp. Will this event have an associated world record? If so, will the equipment used in the comp be consider the standard apparatus?

Maybe you can add this to the agenda?

Greenwich Mean Time

With Daylight Savings, for the U.S. it looks like that would make it 6:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, which would be 5:00 p.m. for me in the Central time zone. My contest begins at noon on Saturday and I'll do my best to get back home in time for the meeting.

BC.

Saturday 1st Oct, 2005

What time? How about 22.00hrs GMT, that would be 17.00hrs East side USA, and about 10.00hrs Australia?

22.00hrs GMT would be 5.00 a.m. Perth Time. I am well and truly asleep at that time, so I will not be able to make it.

That time sounds fine with me, as I think it is 3pm Mountain time.

Is this 5pm EST?

Saturday 1st Oct, 2005

22.00hrs GMT would be 5.00 a.m. Perth Time. I am well and truly asleep at that time, so I will not be able to make it.

Because of Daylight Savings, it's 6pm for you guys, Smitty.

You can click on that link in my above post and it should show you your local time underneath the GMT.

BC.

Normally, 6PM on a Saturday will be fine, but I believe Smitty and I will be working a Grip Vooth that day.

-Jedd-

Earlier would be best, i.e., in the morning US times, afternoon UK time, which would then be evening to late evening Perth time.

Topic for discussion (1): At last years GGC we had 20-seconds on the platform when doing v-bar - which I used to my advantage as well as any (all on GGC DVD's). However, in both Euro and IG comps it's more a case of walk up and pull. Once the hand comes off the bar that's it, attempt over. It DID make for some good lifts but it also made for several, as I put it when watching the DVD's - 'if you ain't gonna shit get off the pot' - moments as well. I don't know what happened this year. What ruling will be made?

I'd like 20-seconds for the v-bar myself.

Topic for discussion (2): Again at last years GGC we had 1-2 (Eli was one - I think he failed three increasingly heavy lifts. This year seems to have been a lot better) who failed at a weight and was allowed to take a higher weight attempt (I'll presume under the rising bar he couldn't drop back) but surely if you fail you're out, as it were. There is the problem from the lifters point of view that they may choose too low a start weight or that (as I and others did at the Euro) you have to 'waste' an attempt with the same weight before you can move up. What ruling will be made?

I think if you miss a lift you either take it again using the remaining attempts or drop out and save yourself for the next event. It was obvious to me that some could have a 100 attempts and not get the weight.

With both topics it is more a problem if the timing of the event is important and if the competition has a lot of lifters. Even with just 5 at this years IG it took about 5-hours (inc a break). I can only guess how long 18+ took at this years GGC (11-12 hours??).

Wasn't to bad considering the number of competitors.We started around 10:00 A.M.ended around 7:30 P.M thats with some breaks and messing around with the other toys not in events.Also gave some extra time at the begining to check out the euro pinch most guys haven't touched one yet.

Wasn't to bad considering the number of competitors.We started around 10:00 A.M.ended around 7:30 P.M thats with some breaks and messing around with the other toys not in events.Also gave some extra time at the begining to check out the euro pinch most guys haven't touched one yet.

A tad better than last year.

I don't think I'll be going to Pittsburgh with gas prices, so I can make it as long as you hit me with a reminder PM.

-Jedd-

I don't think I'll be going to Pittsburgh with gas prices, so I can make it as long as you hit me with a reminder PM.

-Jedd-

Jedd, How much is Gas in your area? It recently hit £1.00 a litre here for a while if that makes you feel any better

Are we on for 6AM EST this Saturday?

It is unfortunate that the time chosen means no participation from any of the Swedes (I don't think Arne is going to participate and I will be asleep), considering our strong involvement in organizing the European Championship (even at times when others lost interest and pursuid other things), etc. Any decisions will need support also from the current main organizer of the European Championship or we may end up with two sets of rules. Knowing Arne, he would probably be happy for me to speak on his behalf (I will ask him).

Well I did ask earlier in this thread if anyone wanted it earlier and no times were given.

So, where are we?

This was my reply:

Earlier would be best, i.e., in the morning US times, afternoon UK time, which would then be evening to late evening Perth time.