Ggc Support Medley/lotttery Questions?

Hubgeezer

I am looking at the results of the 2005 GGC, and it is hard to comprehend the Support event. For example, Eli Kiener did all of those things in 11 something seconds? It seems like that would be flying, almost imcomprehensible.

Could someone who was there or someone who participated, give us some feedback on what they thought of it, what it was like, etc? It appears to be one of those "you had to be there" things, as I am having trouble relating to it. Was it fun to watch as a spectator? Was it taxing because it was dead last?

I doubt if I am the only one who is curious, but even if I am, I'd love to hear about it.

Hubgeezer

It basically boiled down to...

1. If you could do a RT lift.

2. If you could run around fast.

3. How much you bobbled around with the equipment handles ex.

I am looking at the results of the 2005 GGC, and it is hard to comprehend the Support event. For example, Eli Kiener did all of those things in 11 something seconds? It seems like that would be flying, almost imcomprehensible.

Could someone who was there or someone who participated, give us some feedback on what they thought of it, what it was like, etc? It appears to be one of those "you had to be there" things, as I am having trouble relating to it. Was it fun to watch as a spectator? Was it taxing because it was dead last?

I doubt if I am the only one who is curious, but even if I am, I'd love to hear about it.

Hubgeezer

Check out my gallery- this will give you a visual of the event.

i liked it, even tho i dint finish it lefty which pisses me off cus i did the rt lefty earlier just to see.

with the two thick bars and rt, as well as the small handled things, it was a bit of a endurance thing. plus the excitement factor of hurrying the hell up.

For me at least - this was the "fun" event. A few people had problems with the 2.5" dumbells to load on the platform but the big problem seemed to be whether or not you could lift the RT after doing everything else as fast as you could and after a long day of grip feats. A lot of us lost a second or two with not untangling the carabiner before pulling on the RT. This one is where you could see who had the quick reflexes - some of these guys have reflexes like a cat! I have no idea how the scoring is done - I trust smitty for all that stuff.

For me at least - this was the "fun" event.  A few people had problems with the 2.5" dumbells to load on the platform but the big problem seemed to be whether or not you could lift the RT after doing everything else as fast as you could and after a long day of grip feats. 

That was precisely the idea for the medley. In a way it was designed to mimic the stones in a strongman contest - the feats gradually got harder to complete, as many found out when they got to the RT.

-Jedd-

I liked it a lot!! Would of done really good on it If it weren't for my dumb left hand on that RT. It was a cool idea guys.

As a spectator it was a great thing to watch. If you look at my thread GGC 2005 Pics you will see them doing it. I was there for 9 hours and was never bored. The Crew had it down so when it was a event change Pat would do a feat of strength to enterain the crowd while they got ready for the next event.

The medley was a neat event and fun to do but the winner(s) wasn't necessarily the one with the "best" grip. Like Kurt said, if you bobbled the handle or didn't have fast enough feet (neither of which was my problem), you weren't going to win.

Thanks for the replies, and I apologize if this was spelled out before...

On the Rolling Thunder, which was 150 for SH and 170 for LH...was that in plates only, and did not include the device? So it was 156 and 176 in real weight?

Hubgeezer

Thanks for the replies, and I apologize if this was spelled out before...

On the Rolling Thunder, which was 150 for SH and 170 for LH...was that in plates only, and did not include the device? So it was 156 and 176 in real weight?

Hubgeezer

I believe you are correct. I don't think they counted the loading pin and RT in the weight lifted.