Ggc, A World Class Event (with One Exception)

Mikael Siversson

The GGC is probably the best grip competition ever held I think except in one area;

In the 2005 European Championship the full results were posted the day after the competition.

In fact, the LGC results were usually posted in full about 4-5 hours after the competition by me and this after I had spent 10 hours competing, judging changing weights etc.

There is definitely room for improvements here. :inno

Diesel crew, can we please have the results for all competitors sooner rather than later.

Thinking of it, David Horne probably holds the record as the results for the 2004 IG, amateur section, were posted several weeks (or was it months) after the competition. :help

In the 2005 European Championship the full results were posted the day after the competition.

In fact, the LGC results were usually posted in full about 4-5 hours after the competition by me and this after I had spent 10 hours competing, judging changing weights etc.

There is definitely room for improvements here. 

Diesel crew, can we please have the results for all competitors sooner rather than later.

My guess is Smitty has the official scores on his laptop. If this is indeed the case, cut him some slack. The guy has 2 twin babies who are teething, another young little girl who demands a lot of daddy's time, a website to maintain (it is just my guess, but the webstite gets the full results before the GB does?), and a full time job. He doesnt have the luxury that most of us have of just getting on the internet and spending a couple hours hashing out all the scores.

Relax-the results will be out when he gets the time.

-Rick

To tell you the truth, I was in exactly the same situation with small teething babies, full time work etc.

I admit it. I am impatient. I want the results now, now, now.

Smitty, quit your job, sell the kids and focus on getting us the results.

My guess is Smitty has the official scores on his laptop. If this is indeed the case, cut him some slack. The guy has 2 twin babies who are teething, another young little girl who demands a lot of daddy's time, a website to maintain (it is just my guess, but the webstite gets the full results before the GB does?), and a full time job. He doesnt have the luxury that most of us have of just getting on the internet and spending a couple hours hashing out all the scores.

-Rick

Every time I call your house, it is like a circus there. I cant imagine juggling all that, AND putting on the greatest grip contest EVER. Mad props man, it was hard enough for me with 10 competitors and no little babies.

cant even imagine.

-Rick

To tell you the truth, I was in exactly the same situation with small teething babies, full time work etc.

I admit it. I am impatient. I want the results now, now, now.

Smitty, quit your job, sell the kids and focus on getting us the results.

-Rick

Sell the kids ha ha. Whatever it is that we've all got... Mikeal has it badddd...!!! :blink

Smitty - you go in and hug those kids, bounce em on your knees, and give em a big kiss. God they are so cute, I wanted to take them home with me, along with Mortons little girl. It was an awful long day and those kids were great, says a lot for a couple of mom's. I was so tired I had trouble staying vertical, you guys had to be soooo trashed when it was over. Post em when ya get em , we'll still be here.

I don't think this post was necessary. Results will be posted when they are posted. Daddy put a lot of work into this contest, which no-doubt cut into his family time. I don't care how big or great this contest was, Smitty has got his priorities straight.

I don't think this post was necessary.  Results will be posted when they are posted.  Daddy put a lot of work into this contest, which no-doubt cut into his family time.  I don't care how big or great this contest was, Smitty has got his priorities straight.

I agree 100% without a doubt.

I can't believe you diesel guys have the nerve to go about your life before giving this guy results.

Next time there better be a live feed with a realtime scorecard available on the net so he's happy.

Mikael's just loves those details...better keep him waiting a few more days Smitty ;)

Looking forward to seeing them too.

Sounds like the comp was a real success. Hope I can make it along next year :)

Smitty - you go in and hug those kids, bounce em on your knees, and give em a big kiss.  God they are so cute, I wanted to take them home with me, along with Mortons little girl.  It was an awful long day and those kids were great, says a lot for a couple of mom's.  I was so tired I had trouble staying vertical, you guys had to be soooo trashed when it was over.  Post em when ya get em , we'll still be here.

Chris not only are you strong but also a mind reader. Smitty I can wait till Christmas if you want no problem at all I already know the important part darn little brothers anyhow. :D

I don't think this post was necessary.  Results will be posted when they are posted.  Daddy put a lot of work into this contest, which no-doubt cut into his family time.  I don't care how big or great this contest was, Smitty has got his priorities straight.

Agreed.

We know the placings. . . . I think the numbers can wait.

Dave

The GGC is probably the best grip competition ever held I think except in one area;

There is definitely room for improvements here. :inno

unbelievable

I know that I am new and I hope I don't stir the pot but it was a looong day! and I left 9 hours after getting there and they were still doing the levering. So they still had to hand out the awards and then clean up. I think to wait a few days to get the official results is not a big deal. Hell there were updates being posted as the event happened

I know that I am new and I hope I don't stir the pot but it was a looong day! and I left 9 hours after getting there and they were still doing the levering.  So they still had to hand out the awards and then clean up.  I think to wait a few days to get the official results is not a big deal.  Hell there were updates being posted as the event happened

thats ok I'll hand you a spoon so ahead and stir