Card Tearing

TennisDude

Is it considered a tear if after you almost are done, say at least 3/4th of the way, you wrap your fingers around one section and pull?

Without doing that, I am having a hard time on the finish as I cant seem to grab that small of a section. You see, when I tear cards, they always tear in a fashion where one end is a lot smaller than the other, due to a diagonal tear. Even when each side is pretty equal, I still tend to finish it of by hooking a finger in between where the tear is and moving my wrists in opposite directions.

Does anyone at least understand what I am rambling about? :laugh

Thanks,

TennisDude

EDIT: And what about pushing against your thumb pad? That seems inevitable with my right hand. Pretty much what I am asking is, what is considered okay, and what isn't? Or is it an, anything goes with your hands, ruling out anything that is just ludicrous...

Edited by TennisDude

There's braced tearing and unbraced tearing. Braced is where you brace the cards or your hands to your body. Unbraced is where you don't. Other than than that pretty much anything goes.

Of course it is more impressive if you tear the cards faster or in one motion but its fine no matter how you grab the cards or grab into the tear as long as you're not dropping cards or tearing them one by one.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I know that for a feat to impress "the masses" it'd be necessary to do a full deck in one swoop, so I am working on that.

Now I know at least how am I practicing isn't detrimental to any strength gains.

Thanks,

TennisDude