Ggc 2005 Jedd & Smitty

3Crusher

I just want to publicly acknowledge Jedd & Smitty for the outstanding effort they put forth to organize & run the 2005 GGC. These guys sacrificed many hours of their own time and energy into running a first class contest, and it showed. It was a great contest, and a really fun time was had by all. Thank you guys!

Steve

Props to Steve too - for jumping in and competing at the last minute - always pushing himself to the next level! :rock

Thanks to Pat, Steve and Dave for making the trip!

It was a complete honor to hang out and support you guys @ the G.G.C. The diesel crew worked real hard and it was obvious with the outcome of the contest. Thank you very guys!

Props to all the competitors as they gave it their all througout the contest. I enjoyed supporting you all.

I just want to publicly acknowledge Jedd & Smitty for the outstanding effort they put forth to organize & run the 2005 GGC.  These guys sacrificed many hours of their own time and energy into running a first class contest, and it showed.  It was a great contest, and a really fun time was had by all.  Thank you guys!

Steve

I second that

Great job guys. I had a great time! Looking forward to the GGC 3 already. :D Nice meeting everyone I didnt last year aswell, all you guys rock.

Way to go guys a great event definitely top notch.It really showed the amount of effort and personnel sacrifice that went into this event to try and make it a first class.I didn't know until Jedd's house after( by the way thanks to jedd and family for that to was really good time)that it was Smitty's birthday Happy belated Smitty!

Thanks guys can't wait till next year know what I need to work on this winter now.

Thanks Stew

GGC was top notch. Thanks to Jedd and Smitty for all the hard work and time they put in to make this comp as good as it was. Great work guys I had an awesome time and it looked like the other guys and girls did too!!

I'm so tired I'm stupid so I won't say much for now about Jedd and Smiity until later but you two deserve a huge pat on the back for all you did. What an awesome experience, my first grip contest but certainly not my last. The only problem I see is how are you ever going to top that next year? Chris

Now you guys go to bed and sleep for a week!

Yes, awesome show. Congrats to all the competitors and Jedd and Smitty. Great job everyone!

Smitty, I honestly thought you were going to be an old guy! When you introduced yourself I was a little surprised. Forgive me, I'm a dumbbass.

Anyway, great job everyone on all the hard work, long drives, and everything in between.

(and special thanks to the lady who let us use those chairs)

I want to think yall "Jedd & Smitty" "4" put'n on another great event. :bow Cant wait to do it again! About 15-20 min. from home I got a speeding ticket :cry:whacked:unsure Stupid car.

I also want to add my thanks for a great experience, and was blown away by the great people I met, the outstanding job the Diesel Crew did putting on this event, and the respect I was shown by everyone who had to tolerate an absolute newbie (and oldster) walking in and competing in my first grip competition. For all you guys out there who might be contemplating doing the GGC next year, but are afraid to, don't be! You'll meet some fine people. These guys are top shelf, and you will learn a lot (I learned my weak area... from my fingertips to my elbows :( ) Get in there, and just do it! Chris..I'm in your rearview mirror for next year for the Diesel Award :bow Thanks again Jedd and Smitty for your hard work and the gracious hospitality both at the site and at Jedd's home after the event. Wotta blast!!!

"Last Place Scribner"

I also want to add my thanks for a great experience, and was blown away by the great people I met, the outstanding job the Diesel Crew did  putting on this event, and the respect I was shown by everyone who had to tolerate an absolute newbie (and oldster) walking in and competing in my first grip competition.  For all you guys out there who might be contemplating doing the GGC next year, but are afraid to, don't be!  You'll meet some fine people.  These guys are top shelf, and you will learn a lot (I learned my weak area... from my fingertips to my elbows  :( )  Get in there, and just do it!  Chris..I'm in your rearview mirror for next year for the Diesel Award :bow  Thanks again Jedd and Smitty for your hard work and the gracious hospitality both at the site and at Jedd's home after the event.  Wotta blast!!!

"Last Place Scribner"

Jon you did good only place you can go is up and you will.

Yeah I would like to say thanks to the diesel crew for putting on one hell of a good contest. It was deffinatly a very well orginized and well executed day.

I know I can speak for eli and cliff kiener when I say thanks for a great day and we are all looking forward to next year!

Diesel crew rocks and Towanda is a beautiful part of the country, Tara and I will have to make another trip up that way some time!

I also want to add my thanks for a great experience, and was blown away by the great people I met, the outstanding job the Diesel Crew did  putting on this event, and the respect I was shown by everyone who had to tolerate an absolute newbie (and oldster) walking in and competing in my first grip competition.  For all you guys out there who might be contemplating doing the GGC next year, but are afraid to, don't be!  You'll meet some fine people.  These guys are top shelf, and you will learn a lot (I learned my weak area... from my fingertips to my elbows  :( )  Get in there, and just do it!  Chris..I'm in your rearview mirror for next year for the Diesel Award :bow  Thanks again Jedd and Smitty for your hard work and the gracious hospitality both at the site and at Jedd's home after the event.  Wotta blast!!!

"Last Place Scribner"

Dude, I saw you giving that levering event hell and leaving nothing behind! As well as all the others. You put in DAMN good effort and did good. Much respect!

Thanks!!!!!!! Smitty and Jed for putting on a great event. Your dedication is second to none. I am already looking forward to next year and I can bet everyone that attended is too. Congrates to everyone that preticipated, job well done!!!!!

now that the 11 hour drive :whacked is over it's time for bed..

I can only echo what everyone else has said. Top-notch contest held by some top-notch guys. Thanks for everything Diesel Crew and family!

Thanks, Smitty, Jedd and family

Jedds family also had most of us over after for dinner. Smitty worked very hard during the Contest. You would have a hard time finding a nicer guy.

It was good getting a chance to meet everyone.

Thanks again!

Awesome job by the Diesel Crew! Jedd and Smitty did a fantastic job, don't forget Brad and Eli as well, both busted a** all day and still competed real strong. Great buncha guys. Smitty's girls are gorgeous, I was glad to see them there even for a short time.

Nice to see my old friends and meet many new ones, lotta cool people!

Diesel award was created with Chris Rice in mind, no more needs to be said I'm proud to know you.

Thanks to Steve and Dave L. for getting torn up by my engine block so I didn't have to. Big props to Steve "Whalehook" Weiner for jumping in and competing literally at the last second. With no specific training, and in a seriously worn out state (remember the 400 blob toss video from a few days ago?) he did a hell of a job. If he wiped the sweat off the RT in the right hand medley.....he woulda been in the money!

Chad Woodall has some serious strength and huge hands!!! Watch for more from him in the near future. Great job by all!! :bow

Chad Woodall has some serious strength and huge hands!!!  Watch for more from him in the near future.  Great job by all!!  :bow

Chad is seriously impressive, very nice humble guy to boot. When he brings his levering up a bit watch out!

BTW, Dave Morton had the prettiest, strictest, 20lb lever of the night! A treat to watch.

Dave Thornton is nice as they come, and an animal on V-bar. He stood a shot at the 380 (+pin) if his callous didn't rip clean off.

Jedd earned his victory and WR as well. He was my pick to take it all, and he delivered.

Great event guys! Everything was top-notch. It was great to see all the faces from last year, and several new ones too.

Thanks for a great time guys.