Ggc Unofficial Results

gamidon

Big congrat to Jedd and Tommy for winning their divisions. I am also very happy for Jedd and Dave for bringing that v-bar WR record over to the USA. Clay came close at the 2004 GGC and now Jedd and Dave secured it. Good stuff. This was clearly the top competition of the year with results in the v-bar and pinch in a class of its own.

How much did they get in the v-bar? 365lbs?

first class contest, all the way around!!!

not sure of the finall vbar number, but i know he did have a bit of air under his last attmept, and i think he couilda got it if he started a bit higher. last attpemtpt was 380lbs i believe

Big congrat to Jedd and Tommy for winning their divisions. I am also very happy for Jedd and Dave for bringing that v-bar WR record over to the USA. Clay came close at the 2004 GGC and now Jedd and Dave secured it. Good stuff. This was clearly the top competition of the year with results in the v-bar and pinch in a class of its own.

How much did they get in the v-bar? 365lbs?

Congrats to Jedd, as predicted. He's a good all-rounder which is what you need to be a winner. But the V-bar? A temporary glitch. It's new record will be here in the UK in a month or so. And the GGC? The top competition of the year... so far.

I hope we get a an ad-hoc blow by blow report to inspire the rest of the Grip Board team. Just hearing about the attempts at 380lbs on the V-bar was enough to gee my workout today up a notch. And loads of photos!!

Jedd! :mosher:bow

I knew Jedd had a good contest in him, but I didnt expect him to win. Outstanding! Hell of a showing amoungst a very deep and talented field. :mosher

Tommy-awesome job as well. How did Tommy's numbers compared to Jedd's?

-Rick

Congrats to Jedd, as predicted. He's a good all-rounder which is what you need to be a winner. But the V-bar? A temporary glitch.

A bit of an understatement. Regarding the v-bar, Jedd and Dave are the current kings of the v-bar. Don't try to take that away from them.

Current yes. It wont be taken away for a while. Not until November. Until then they should enjoy it but I will be very suprised if the record doesn't fall on November 12th.

As for Jedd. I PM'd him a while back with an idea or two on the V-bar. We will have to wait and see if they helped.

He won by virtue, as stated, of being the best all-rounder. From the little info so far he was good on the grippers (a 4-way tie for second), good on the Pinch and had a 2nd in the v-bar. The main reason he won is he has the eye - the desire to win. You get that just from meeting him and even from seeing his 'game face' on the videos the diesel crew put up.

Also, from the few results thus far, small hands Tommy Heslip looked a gnats ball behind the bigger handed dudes. Thuis proving both his depth of talent and that hand size is, in a well-rounded competition, negated. Small or big you can do well.

Congrats to Jedd and Tommy, and to all those that competed!! Looks like it was not an event to be missed.